Part 73

Note: (Hey so i don't know if i published this before, apparently i did. a lot of things happened where a lot of my writing got cut off and this part seems unfinished so i rewrote it so that it wasn't ~unfinished~ sorry if you read the "finished" part before and the ending doesn't match up completely. sorry for the inconvenience! i hope you can still enjoy this chapter (again?))

I was so...

Confused?

My thoughts lingered all over the place in order to make sense of what I just read. First, I need to figure out the facts.

1. Harry really does not really like to follow directions. His essay definitely did not meet the word requirement. Not that it mattered anyway, Mr. Gareth didn't even check our work.

2. Harry seems to not really hate me (even though our last (last?) conversation seems to say otherwise).

3. My heart hurts. A lot.

So many emotions were fighting in my head to take its place as my dominant thought, making it difficult to tell how I really felt.

How did I feel?

I needed to make a list for that as well.

1. Confused. I am really confused. Who is this guy? What is this guy? Why is this guy?

2. Angry. How dare he write such nice things about me? If he wants to hate me he might as well be consistent about it.

3. Sad. How dare he write such nice things about me? What is the truth?

Before I could comprehend what I was doing, I started walking. My feet carried me as if this was the most urgent thing in the world to me.

"Y/N, where are you going?" my mother questioned as I rushed out of my room.

"I can't say, gotta blast!" I scream back before forcibly opening the front door and running outside.

I knew that my several years of no physical activity was saved for a special moment. I ran the short distance to his house and began rapidly banging on the door. When that didn't work, I rang the doorbell while knocking on the door at the same time for emphasis.

Suddenly, the sound of the door unlocking and slowly creaking open stopped my violence towards the plank of wood in front of me.

Harry furrowed his brows as soon as he saw me. "What do you want?"

"You're a dick."

"Okay, yeah, that is true but what about it? Did you just come here to insult me before you left? For old time's sake?"

"Damn right I did." I guess my angry side was taking over now. "But most importantly, what the fuck is this?"

Harry squinted at the crumpled up piece of paper I had in my hand. "Litter?"

"Wait," I huffed and tried straightening out the paper. "Look again."

His brows remained furrow until a look of realization came across his stupid face. "Well, it looks like I have to go. Sorry about that!" he said before trying to slam the door shut.

I don't know what came over but I dashed into his house, tackling him to the ground. I wasn't going to get scammed again. If I didn't get answers now, I would live my entire life not knowing. Harry looked up at me with a mixture of shock and amazement in his features.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to sound desperate, even though I slightly was. What was I even expecting?

I tried to rid myself of any predictions because I knew all too well that whatever expectation I had for Harry never ended in my favor.