Part 52

"So... the weather?"

"Jesus Christ."

I pursed my lips and sat still. Well, this is fun. I was about to say something and try to initiate another conversation before I was interrupted.

"Call your friend."

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"She took my phone."

"Jesus Christ."

Harry went to his kitchen and tried looking for something.

"Harry, what are you doing?"

"I know what I'm doing calm down."

My eyes widened as I saw him grab a knife. I panicked and press the button.

"Fuck!" Harry glared at me angrily. "Did you fucking increase the pain? What the fuck?"

"I don't know how to work this! I just pressed the button!"

"I could have hurt myself! You saw what I was-"

"I panicked, okay?"

Harry looked at me for a while before frowning. "You're enjoying this way more than you should."

"No I'm not."

"Okay, sure."

"What, you think I'm lying?"

"I'm just saying, if you didn't enjoy this you would be helping me take this off."

"Mel said you need a key."

"Okay, then why don't you put that thing down and quit zapping me?"

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"I just want to talk."

"Well, I'm glad that talking to you leads me to pain."

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever."

I sat there in silence.

"What? You're not going to talk? You said that you wanted to talk." Harry asked, glaring at me.

"I don't deserve to talk. I'm a weak mortal."

"Okay."

"..."

"Have you ended things with Jason yet?"

"No."

"Then why are you here?"

"I told you."

"Tell me again."

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Then fucking talk to me instead of sitting here pouting when you can decide whether I have a fucking heart attack or not."

God, I missed his friendly inspirational words. They get to me every time.

"Why are you like this?"

"Like what?"

"Just the way you are in general."

"Because I'm a bitter person."

"But why?"

"What? You want me to tell you so you can tell me a day later that you're moving to China or something?"

"Harry-"

"I'm done with talking."

He got up to leave but quickly stopped when I pressed the button.

Only he makes me go from sad to angry.

"Just fucking listen to me for once in your life and stop believing that everything is about you okay?"

Harry cocked his brow.

"I'm sick of you believing that everything that happens in this world is to make things harder for you when it's not. Things don't always turn out the way you want them to but that's gonna happen, a lot. It doesn't give you the right, however, to make everyone else feel like shit just because that's how you're feeling."

I huffed and my chest pounded rapidly from my heavy breathing.

"Are you done?"

"Why? Did you want to-"

"Are you done because I want to say a couple of words too."

"Yes, I'm done."

"Great."

---

What even is this chapter sorry. Sorry it was really short. It was meant to be a cute filler chapter but I'm really bad at cute so this is what happened

<Next chapter will be longer>

B