Part 43

We sat in a nice restaurant. Harry was staring me down and I was tapping my finger against the glass table.

"Why do you always do that?" I ask, staring back at him.

"Do what?"

"You always stare- don't you dare ask me to define what staring is- and you do it so intensely."

He smirks, folds his hands and places them on the table. "Do I? I never noticed."

"Yeah, you do and I have."

"Well, you're obviously looking at me too if you happen to notice it," he sings.

"No, one can just feel your beady little demonic eyes on them."

"Demonic?"

"Eyes aren't supposed to shine that bright, okay?" Oh my God, did I just-

"What?"

"What."

"You just-"

"No I didn't."

"I think you did though."

"Must be the dehydration, God knows you're thirsty. Drink the water." I gingerly push his water closer to him.

He chuckled before taking a sip of his water. His eyes never left mine. Why is he always so intense?

"Why did you decide to bring us here anyways?" I ask. I look around and all I see are old people or very fancy people. I look at Harry and at my reflection in the glass and notice that we're neither of those.

"Because I'm hungry?"

"But I'm not."

"Cool."

"And there's literally a McDonald's down the street from where we live, why did you decide to bring us all the way here?"

"Because I wanted to go here," he groans, rubbing his forehead. "Stop with the questions."

"Why? I don't know anything about you besides your name and the fact that you live alone." I glared at him. "While you, on the other hand, can easily get my parents to tell you their social security numbers."

"You're so annoying."

"Maybe you should've thought about that before you confessed your undying love for me, you gremlin."

"What's with you and gremlins?"

"You just remind me of one."

"What? How?"

"How come you get to ask questions but I don't?"

Harry just smiled at me. He's so fake. Our waiter comes and brings us our orders. I stare at my food. The beautiful food in front of me. I bask in its beauty before digging in.

"Not hungry?"

I don't even have to look up at Harry to know that he has that little smirk on his face.

"I'm not. I'd just hate to waste food," I say, placing my hand over my mouth to hide the fact that the food in my mouth didn't look so beautiful anymore.

He hummed in response, "Right."

"So, can we be normal today and act like real civilised people?"

"What were we? Fake civilised people?" he asks, obviously confused.

"Not exactly, but can we be normal today? Can we actually have a full conversation without you getting pissed off when I ask you something?"

"I guess."