Part 60

"Harry."

"What?"

"I-"

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"No what?"

"No to whatever you were going to say."

"Then why did you ask 'what'?"

"To humor you."

I rolled my eyes and got up. "I was just gonna tell you that I'm leaving."

"Where are we going?"

"No, no, sweetie. No, no. I am going somewhere. You are staying here and are not going to force my acquaintances into telling you where I am going."

"It offends me that you think I would threaten people into te-"

"You aren't going to follow me either."

"Now you're being unreasonable."

"Harry-"

"I'm just joking around with you. Go on. Have fun. Without me. It's okay. I'll just be here. At home. Alone."

"You're such a dork."

"Mhmm," Harry pouted.

"If you're really that lonely then you should go hang out with my parents. I'm pretty sure they'll enjoy your company," I suggested.

"It's not the same."

"Well I kinda share traits with them and I'm also kinda blood related to them so it would actually be very similar."

"You know what? Leave. I'm getting really tired of you."

"Okay, bye. I'll miss you."

"Mhmm."

...

"So... how have things been going between you and Harry?" Mel asked suspiciously, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Fine. We're great friends."

"You know, the reason that I tried to get you two together and you to break up with Jason was not for you and Harry to become best friends," Mel whined. "You guys were supposed to get together immediately and then credit me for your relationship."

"Well, sorry to disappoint you but that's literally all that we are. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost all of his feelings for me."

"Stop!" Mel cried. "You're sinking my ship."

"It never sailed."

"And that's your fault. You know you have feelings for him but instead of doing what any normal person does when they like someone and that person likes them back you literally do the exact opposite of what you are supposed to do. What if wrong with you? I hate you."

I rolled my eyes. "What's your fascination of mine and Harry's relationship?"

"Maybe because I've seen it blossoming from day one. Or perhaps it's because Harry Styles has never shown any interest in anyone and then you came alone and now he's in love with you. Oh! Maybe because I want to be in a relationship but hate people so I want to live vicariously off of you."