Part 49

Numb.

I wish that was what I was feeling, but it isn't.

I feel like someone just told me that I was the reason why their hamster died and then ran me over with a truck. So basically, far from being numb.

I'm just a small schoolgirl, things like this aren't supposed to happen to me. They're suppose to happen to my friend so I can watch and comfort and give shitty advise to I'm not supposed to be actually experiencing this first hand.

In any scenario, I will hurt someone. I hate the feeling of choosing between people. Who are you to determine someone's worth and pick them over someone?

I decided to do what normal teenage girls do in movies and such: call over a close girl friend and discuss everything.

Well, I didn't really have any close friends because of who I am as a person so I just called over a girl acquaintance.

Mel arrived ten minutes later after I asked her to play therapist with me for a while.

"What's up?" she asked, making herself comfortable in my house. "Nice house by the way. It's so grunge."

What does that even mean?

"Nothing. Nothing's up. Everything is down."

"Okay, what happened?" she asked.

"Mel, you're a girl."

"Well, yeah. I guess I am. Thanks."

"What do you do when someone you don't like that was likes you? Well, without seeming rude and such?"

She looked at me for a while. "Did Jason finally ask you out?"

"What? How- yeah."

She nodded as if she understood everything I was saying. "You were basically the only person that didn't know that he liked you. I didn't even realise that it wasn't an act."

I frowned. "Gee, thanks."

"Mm. What did you say to him?" she asked.

"Well, I said yes."

"Why the hell would you say yes if you don't even like him?"

"I felt bad, I mean he poured his heart out and I felt like a horrible person for making him feel that way so I had to say yes."

"Dude, a pity yes is worse than an honest no."

"Well I know that now."

She shook her head. "Couldn't even tell him to wait until you can decide upon an answer."

"That would just give him more anxiety!"

"Okay, enough about how he feels. We know how he feels, okay? How do you feel?"

How do I feel?

"Shitty," I muttered.

She nodded. "Be honest. Did you really do this to spare his feelings or yours?"

"What?"

"I'm not saying that you don't really care if he gets hurt, but do you think there can be any ulterior motives?" she pressed.

"I don't understand what you-"

"Like anything, or anyone?"

"What are you-"

"Like someone with like a shitload of tattoos and a fake British accent."

Whet.

"His accent isn't fake."

"Oh, so someone does ring a bell. Okay."

"You know about that too?" I groaned.

"Not really but now I know that there is something." She smiled widely as if she just found out my biggest secret.

"How?"

"Because I'm not oblivious to everything?"

"I'm not oblivious. I just like being real."

"Or maybe you aren't oblivious but pretend to be so escape from real human emotions."

"Damn, you're really taking this therapist thing seriously."

"I don't joke about Dr. Phil."

"Wait, when was Dr. Phil even mentioned?"

"I don't know but isn't he like a therapist or something?"

"I don't know. How would I know? Does that seem like something I would know?"

"Oddly enough, yes."

"Why would-"

"Just talk about Harry."

I bit my bottom lip slightly. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Really?"

"No."

"Exactly. Tell me more."

"There's really nothing to say except for that he also likes me," I admitted shyly.

"Damn, you're popular."

"I don't want to be. What's wrong with this town? Guys don't usually like girls like me!"

"Shut up, you're hot."

I scrunched up my nose. "No I'm not."

"Just shut your ignorance up okay. When did Harry tell you how he felt?"

"I don't remember. Like a couple of weeks ago."

Mel furrowed her brows. "And you never told me because...?"

"It's embarrassing!"

"How the fuck is it embarrassing for a hot guy to like you."

"It's just weird talking about it. I was pretty sure that he hated me and he just goes and admits feelings and I don't know."

"And do you like him?"

"No, well I don't think so. I don't know anything anymore. This is the most human interaction I've gotten in my whole life."

"You know what, we're gonna have to work on this."

"I know."

--

I know what you're thinking:

I know what's gonna happen, she's gonna apologise for not updating.

Well, you're wrong lol

Jk. I'm really sorry. School is a bitch and I'm tired af but I love you guys. Honestly. I would let you all live off of me but I don't have any money so that's problematic okay

My concert was yesterday and it was everything

B