Part 64

I caught a ride home from Mel.

I thought that Harry was being overdramatic and that he wasn't actually going to take off and leave me at the party, especially because of how protective he was of me.  I tried calling him repeatedly but it would always go straight to voicemail and my messages to him wouldn't deliver.

I don't understand why he's so angry with me. Maybe it was wrong of me to go along with Mel's plan, but I couldn't have known that she was going to do that. It doesn't matter. He shouldn't have treated me like a child and leave me while being my ride home.

"I'm sorry," Mel repeated for the hundredth time.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

I felt bad for making Mel feel bad, knowing how much Mel wanted Harry and I to end up together, but I was at a loss for words. I didn't expect Harty to just leave me and not answer my calls, if anything I would have expected him to drag me home.

When I got home Mel apologised again. I waited until she drove off until I walked over to Harry's house.

I knew that there was a low chance of him being home, seeing that his car wasn't there, but also an even lower chance of him letting me in. That didn't stop me, however. I tried knocking on his door and ringing his doorbell but there was no answer. I did it for fifteen minutes straight before I stopped, mainly because I didn't want anyone to see me and think that I was a stalker. Sullenly, I dragged my feet back home.

"Hey, Y/N! Is Harry there? Invite him in! We made his favourite pasta today," my mother said as soon as I walked into my house.

I sighed heavily.

"Actually, I'll invite him myself," my mom added.

"Mom, he isn't there."

"Is he home already? I can just pack it up so he can-"

"I don't know where he is, okay? Harry and I got into an argument. Mel drove me home. I'm going to sleep. I'm tired."

...

I knew that Harry returned home the day after the party. I saw his car in his driveway when I was sullenly staring out of my window. I tried calling him again but still, it went straight to voicemail. I contemplated going over to his house again, but decided against it. If he was still angry, there was a very high chance that he would have called the police and accuse me of harassing and stalking him, which to me seemed ironic, knowing how our friendship started. I then decided to write him a strongly worded email, expressing my annoyance towards him. That didn't end up well. I realized that I was terrified of confrontation.

When school arrived I had mixed emotions. The first was sorrow because, you know, school. However, I realized that there was a 50/50 chance that Harry would have been there. He's still been ignoring me. After that, I felt defiant. I shouldn't care. If he wants to ignore me then I'm not gonna force him to be a part of my life.

I had to take the bus because Harry want there to force me into his car. It was a pain. A lot of social interaction at a really early time.

...

School was agonising. Harry didn't show up. I expected it. Not a lot happened. Ted and Jase found the keys eventually. I almost fell asleep in class. When I got home, I stopped caring about my agonizing fear of confrontation and went to Harry's house.

I furiously knocked on his door while ringing his doorbell at the same time.

"Aye yo Harry! Open the door before I climb through your window!" I hollered. I really hope no one else heard me.

After thirty long minutes of what was the most exercise and determination I had in my life the door finally opened and I immediately forgot what ever it was that I wanted to do.

"What do you want?"

---

Short and messy (me (kinda)) but I'm sorry I've been really busy this weekend and I love you guys ok

Vote and comment

B