Part 27

Part 27

"Okay, so what did you guys learn while discussing with each other?" Mr. Gareth asked, pacing around the room.

No one raised their hand to volunteer.

Mr. Gareth's eyes scanned the room. "Harry, what did you learn?"

I looked up at Harry and he rolled his eyes. "That it's okay to kill people, only if you love them."

I scoffed and folded my arms. "You know that's not what I meant."

Mr. Gareth nodded. "Okay. Y/N, what did you learn?"

"That being in love makes you stupid."

Harry sneered. "Damn right it does."

"Hey, Harry. How does it feel being a pessimist?" I ask.

"Pretty damn great. At least I see things as how they really are," Harry retorts.

"And how are they really? Is everything a lie? Is everyone out to get you now?" I question.

"You know what? You can shove your-"

"Hey, hey, hey. That's enough. You two, see me after class," Mr. Gareth snapped.

I groaned and Harry rolled his eyes.

The bell rung and everybody else left.

"What was that?" Mr. Gareth asked, crossing his arms.

"A friendly debate between two close friends," Harry sneered.

I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing and Harry glared at me.

Right.

Rule number two thousand one hundred eighty-seven.

No lip biting.

"I told you, Mr. Gareth. Mr. Styles and I aren't compatible," I reasoned.

"Oh, really? I thought we were doing so great!" Harry retorts.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked. "You're even more douchey today than usual."

"Well, you're still your normal self. Bitchy and annoying."

"If you have a problem with me then don't talk to me! Okay? Isolate yourself from the situation."

"Maybe I would if you'd just let me fu-"

"Okay, okay. I get it. You guys have a disliking towards one another," Mr. Gareth interrupted.

"Disliking? It's much stronger than that," I hissed.

"Oh, Y/N. I don't dislike you. And I know you don't dislike me. Why are you being so secretive all of a sudden, babe?" Harry asked.

"Go fu-"

"Okay. Enough. You guys need to learn how to get along. I want to pair you guys up more often."

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Because you guys tend to have really strong opinions. If you guys can just learn to accept each others opinions-"

"It's not his opinions that I don't like," I mumbled.

"That's it. I'm giving you guys an assignment!" Mr. Gareth snapped.

"Great," Harry groaned.

"Don't blame me! You're 50% of the problem!" I retort.

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but Mr. Gareth quickly interrupted him.

"Harry, don't you even dare say what I think you're going to say," Mr. Gareth warned.

Harry slowly shut his mouth and looked away. "What's the damn assignment."

Mr. Gareth smiled at his cooperation. "You guys will be writing one thousand word essays about each other. I expect you guys to get a good understanding on each other when it is done."

"That's gonna be a problem," I admit.

Harry stared at me.

"Why's that?" Mr. Gareth asked.

"Harry doesn't like questions."

"Well, that should be included in your essay as well. I expect it by Friday. Got it?" he asked.

"Got it," Harry and I said in unison.