Part 11

Part 11

I glanced at my food, then at Harry.

It suddenly didn't look too appealing anymore.

Harry's hand occasionally moved onto my thigh, which ended up with me slapping it away and sending him death glares.

He did seem to mind though, because the process kept repeating over and over again.

"So, Harry, what do you plan on doing after you graduate?" mom asks.

Harry shrugged. "I'm not sure... I'm still undecided."

His hands managed to find my thighs again.

I just sighed and continued eating my food. He's only doing this because he knows that it'll get a reaction from me. If I ignore it, maybe he'll stop.

"That's okay, you can still think about it while you're in college. You do plan on going to college, don't you?" dad asked.

"Yeah, I guess. But I guess my number one priority is trying to find a place where I can actually, I don't know, belong in?" Harry says, nonchalantly.

My dad just nodded, smiling.

Why is it that he has to answer everything so full of thought?

He started rubbing my thighs.

I slapped his hand once more and sent him another death stare.

He simply smiled at me. He picked up his fork and slowly began eating again.

Every movement he made looked so careful and planned. I hated to say this, but he looked kind of perfect.

"Why are you staring at me?" he asked, jokingly.

"Staring? Define staring," I retort.

"When you continue to look at someone for over three seconds."

"You seem to remember our conversations pretty well."

"Yeah, well, you do too."

"Yeah, I know," I admit, blushing.

"Please stop flirting," dad moaned.

Mom lightly hit his elbow and glanced at him. "I think it's cute."

"Awe, you see that, Y/N? Your mom thinks we're cute," Harry joked, slowly wrapping his arms around me.

I pushed him off quickly. "Hurry up and finish. The sooner you finish, the sooner you can leave."

Mom and dad laughed.

"It's too bad I can't see you tomorrow." Harry sighed.

"Why's that?" dad asked, confused.

"Y/N's going to the movies with her cousin, isn't she?" Harry asked, with the same confusion in his tone.

I looked at my dad. My eyes pleading him to go along with the lie. He never does it, since he loves embarrassing me, but please, this one time.

"Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. Martha, right?" mom said, saving the day.

Yes.

I smiled at her. "Yeah, Martha."

"We don-" dad interrupted.

"I hope you guys have fun tomorrow. Tell your aunt I said 'hi'," mom added.

I love her so much right now.

"Sure."

"Well, I'm done. I can wash the dishes for you?" Harry offered.

"Oh, no! It's fine. You can leave them here. Y/N can go walk you to your car," mom beams.

"I didn't come in a car," Harry admits.

"Oh, you live near by?" dad asks.

"Yeah, like next door."

"Even better! Y/N, you can walk him home!" mom cheers.

"Why? He was obviously fine walking here in the first place. He can walk on his own," I groan.

"I'm with your mother on this one. You should walk him home," dad agrees.

They betrayed me.

Harry smiled innocently at me.

Of course this is my fate. They don't even know him that well. What if he kidnaps me and kills me?

"Fine," I give in.

Harry and I walked out the door.

"That was nice. Your parents are nice."

"Shut up. Why did you stay anyways?"

"Didn't you want me to shut up?"

"Since when did you ever listen to what I tell you to do?"

"Why do you answer everything with a question?"

"You do it too."

"Touché."

I sighed. "No, really. You were just about to leave? Why'd you stay?"

"Because, your mom made food and I didn't want it to go to waste. Besides, who's gonna cook for me when I get home, my mom?" Harry laughed darkly.

"Whatever."

When we arrived at Harry's doorsteps, I quickly mumble goodbye and walk away.

Harry pulled me back.

That quick bastard.

"What? No kiss goodnight?" he whined.

I blushed. "Obviously not."

"A hug?" he pushed.

"No."

"Fine. A friendly handshake?"

"Fine," I mutter.

I reached my hand out to take his.

Like the first time we met, that handshake turned into a hug. What I wasn't expecting was for that hug to turn into a kiss on the cheek.