Part 58

With Harry, everything always moved too quickly. It was like everything took place with a blink of an eye. I was never able to truly fully grasp on to an idea before it vanished into the past. I was never able to move at my own pace and was always swept away with Harry's own. But the weirdest thing about it was that I didn't mind.

I never truly minded.

He made my life exciting.

True, life is always full of 'excitement' when you can never truly settle down in one area but Harry brought on a different kind of excitement and fascination. Everything about him was odd to me. He was someone who embodied everything that I could have wanted yet at the same time was someone that I absolutely didn't want. He became so contradicting to me that I, myself, also started to become contradicting. I constantly pushed him away but every time he came back I'd follow. I hated that and I hated that he knew that I was like this and still continued to play along.

I hated that I was googling psychology to figure out my thoughts and emotions.

I also hated that before I googled the psychology behind being attracted to someone that is the opposite of what you should want, I made a pros and cons list. It started off well with pro being that he likes literature and con being that he has anger issues. It started going downhill when I listed 'he's Harry' as a con, but then as a pro.

I groaned in frustration as I plopped down into my bed. Boys are stupid. I should wait until college. Or maybe just not try. At all. Not trying would require less effort. Before I made up my mind on whether or not I'd be completely single for the rest of my life, I quickly erased my search history. Harry is a wizard therefore he could potentially hack my laptop to see that his mind games and spells were somewhat working on me. Also, my mother might check it and make a big deal out of things.  I figured that it would be too suspicious to not have anything in my history so I searched images of Sam Claflin and closed my laptop.

I fell asleep thinking of Harry and Sam Claflin's dimples.

...

"So..."

"I just want to be friends."

"I was just gonna ask you about the weather but okay..." Harry trailed off.

"Can we list be friends?" I asked as if I was really giving him an option. I just wanted to be polite.

Harry laughed because it's obviously so funny when someone wants to be your friend. "You're really good at dismissing guys who like you. I see what being friends with you has done to Jason."

"What's wrong with Jase and I being friends? It was a mutual decision and he seems fine with it," I asked.

"Sure. The way he looks at you longingly suggests that he just wants to be friends with you."

"Jase does not look at me longingly!"

"Okay, love."

I rolled my eyes. I decided as I was taking a shower this morning that I was going to take control of my life an not let Harry push me around. I also decided to admit to myself that I do have a slight attraction towards Harry but I was not going to let that impact my decision.

I was not going to be some young high school girl who was willing to throw away everything she's ever believed in for a boy that may not even remember her in a year.

"Harry, look. I don't want to be in a relationship right now. I just got out of one that kind of happened suddenly and I don't want the same to happen again. I would rather much be friends with you at the moment."

Harry grinned. "That 'at the moment' made me really hopeful that you might change your mind."

I smiled. "So that means that you're willing to stop pursuing me and just be friends?"

"Okay," Harry said although his tone made me not really trust him.

"Good." I smiled and extended out my hand. "I am very happy and excited to start a friendship with you."

Harry scoffed but I could tell that he wasn't as annoyed as he was pretending to be. Instead of shaking my hand like a normal person, he grabbed it and pulled me closer to him, placing his arm over my shoulder.

He grinned cheekily. "Just so you know, you're gonna find out why I don't have any friends."

I smiled back. "I think I already have."

---

This is the start of a beautiful friendship

This could only end well

B