Part 70

The move was finalized. My dad had already quit his job and called Marcus's dad, confirming that he'd take the job. So that was fun.

It was also fun explaining to my parents how I got Marcus's dad's number in the fist place. My dad later made fun of me and found it absolutely hilarious when I told him that I thought that Marcus was trying to flirt with me but ended up giving me his father's number instead of his own. My mom just shook her head as if that wasn't that difficult for her to believe and that she's kind of sad that she expected something like that to happen.

It was two weeks before the big move and I was the same. I was still trying to seem like an unfeeling bitch and that I it was fine but on the inside my mind was like Spongebob's when his mind accidentally threw out the memory of his name.

I mean, a part of me was happy that I was finally getting closer to moving on, however another part of me hated that I was moving on this way. I kind of hoped that I could have gotten some closure from Harry instead of leaving everything so messy. But, I had to leave everything my typical way: messy and full of regret.

I mentally and physically prepare myself for school, as usual. I didn't know what would happen when I showed up. What if my friends begin ignoring me as the feeling of betrayal overcomes them? What if they put together a going away party? I still had two weeks, but still. Anxiety.

I waited for the bus, something I've been doing since Harry and I completely cut ties. I mean, I know he hates me now so I can't exactly ask him for a ride to school. The bus arrived and I sat in the front, isolating myself from everybody else. I put in my headphones and listened to some James Bay.

...

School was boring and I didn't see Jase all day. I wondered if he was just ignoring me as he's been doing all of last week, but Mel and Teddy explained that he just didn't come in today.

Harry didn't come in today as well but that's nothing unusual for him.

I asked Mel and Teddy if they informed anybody about my leaving but they said no. I guess I was safe from the going away party ... for now.

I decided to not tell anyone else about my going away and asked them not to tell anyone as well. They agreed, but only because they didn't want to talk to anyone else at our school and I've never felt so spiritually connected to people in my life.

I didn't want to take the bus home so I asked Mel if she could drop me off. She agreed, but I partially think that it's because she still feels responsible for Harry's grudge against me.

...

Mel dropped me off quickly. "Sorry I couldn't stay for a bit," she said. "I forgot that I had to pick up a cake for my grandma's birthday party."

I shook my head. "It's no big deal. Tell your grandma that I said happy birthday, okay?"

"Will do. Bye, see you later."

"Bye, Mel. Thanks for the ride!" I called as she drove away.

Before I entered the house, I checked the mailbox for any mail.

"Fuck!"

I looked around timidly. Shit, did I do something?