Part 48

What did I just agree to. This is why I shouldn't be able to make major life decisions. I smiled weakly at the ecstatic boy in front of me, feeling too guilty to jut come out and say "Just kidding! I don't like you like that."

I'm way to awkward and unlikable to have things like this happen to me.

"I'm honestly really surprised that you said yes," Jase admitted, sitting on the floor.

Me too.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I guess I thought that you would prefer Harry over me."

"What? Why?"

"Because," Jase said quietly, "girls usually tend to go to the mysterious guys not the dorky ones."

"Well, I must not be a girl then. Wait- I am. I am definitely a girl. Well, I'm pretty sure that I am. What am I even saying?"

"No, no. I understand." Jase laughed.

"Anyways, do you have something against beds or something?"

"What?"

"You've been sitting on the floor. Do you think I'm unsanitary?"

"N-no! I just didn't want to be like disrespectful."

Aww, the innocent youth.

"It's fine," I reassured. "When Har- hairy people shed in my room is when it's unsanitary and disrespectful."

Nailed it.

"Oh. Yeah, ha ha."

"So, I'll talk to you tomorrow?" I asked, trying to change the topic and isolate myself from anything and everything.

"Yeah, sure. Um, bye." I saw him struggling to whether hug me or be more lovey dovey so I just went in for a hug.

"Bye."

"Bye. Oh yeah, and can you kinda not tell people that Harry and I are related? You know how nosey people are-"

"I completely understand."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."

That was the longest goodbye ever. Literally two seconds after Jase left, my mom dashed into my room.

"Tell me everything," she gushed, plopping on my bed.

I shrugged. "I guess I have a boyfriend now. It's no big deal. Go to bed."

My mom frowned. "No big deal? It's a big deal to me! My only daughter has a boyfriend! When you were in sixth grade your dad and I thought that you might be asexual."

"Mom. Go to bed."

"You're no fun. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, mom."

She turned off the lights and locked the door when she left my room. I sighed heavily as I enjoyed the darkness of my room. I mean a lot has happened today. I found out a lot of things about Harry, kissed Harry and became Jase's girlfriend. All of this is too much for my anxiety.

...

I was awakened by a heavy knock on my door. I furrowed my eyes and blinked a couple times to adjust myself to the sunlight.

I unlocked the door and yawned. "What?"

I felt my phone being shoved to me. "Here."

I looked up at the person who has woken me from my eternal slumber. "Thanks."

"Yeah, whatever. Bye."

"What? You're not gonna walk into my room and bother me or stay and ask if you could have breakfast with us?"

"No."

"Why not?" I asked. It's not like I wanted him to. I was just... confused.

"Because," he said harshly, "you've made your intentions pretty clear. It shouldn't matter to you what I do."

"What are you even saying right now?" I furrowed my brows and glared at him.

"I don't know. Why don't you go and ask your boyfriend?" he spat.

"Is that what this is all about? Harry, I-"

"You what, Y/N?"

"I- I don't even know why I have to defend myself for you."

"Exactly," he sneered.

I grabbed his arm to keep him from leaving. I felt desperate for him to stay and my brain couldn't figure out why.

"What? You can't possibly have more to say."

"What do you want me to say, Harry? Do you want me to apologise to you?"

I didn't know what my sounded so desperate to make him not hate me.

His laughed coldly. "Actually, yes. Apologise for making me think that there was a possibility that you could actually like me. Apologise to me for driving me insane. Apologise for making me open up to you. Apologise for fucking brainwashing me and not letting me think about anything but you."

I held back tears that were threatening to escape. "I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean to-"

"That's enough," he said. His voice was low. He somehow released himself from my grip and left me feeling alone.

--

Okay so I'm stupid. I was a day behind because I'm really bad at doing life and counting days and stuff. Sorry. Love you guys. Stay in school.

B