Part 45

"Harry, we can't just leave. This is your aunt's wedding!"

"I left a card. It'll be okay."

"How is it gonna be okay just because you left a card? What does a card even have to do with this?"

"..."

"Are you ignoring me now?"

"..."

"Very mature."

He stayed silent throughout the whole car ride. I felt guilty do leaving Jase in the middle of his mom's wedding. He was so nervous too. I was supposed to be there as his moral support. My curiosity, however, got the best of me and allowed Harry to drag me away.

I glanced over at Harry whose eyes were concentrated on the road ahead of us. As usual, his stare was intense. I sighed and leaned back into the passenger seat. This was absolutely murderous.

I reached out and turned on the radio. Instead of slapping my hand away like he usually does when I do this, he just glared at me for a while. I rolled my eyes before turning to the window. The soft music and greenery somehow made me feel at ease although there was some slight tension in me.

Why was I so nervous?

Well for starters, Harry told me that he would tell me everything.

I've always been curious about his life, but now that I'm going to be getting the answer to everything I wanted to know I felt overwhelmed. What if he's a serial killer? What if after he reveals his secret identity he kills me so that his secret can be forever hidden?

Why does my mind always wander to the worse case scenario?

Because if you expect the worse, things can only get better.

Harry suddenly unlocked the door. I went to open it and to my surprise, child lock wasn't on.

I swiftly got out and gently closed the door. Realisation hit that we were at his house.

I've only been there once before and it was when he was high as fuck.

Oh my god what if he was a drug dealer?

"Are you gonna come inside or...?"

I looked up to see Harry eying me carefully.

"Yeah," I breathed.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've been here before. I know that there wasn't dead bodies scattered across the floor. But a lot could change within a couple of weeks.

He watched as I entered his house and closed the door. I made sure that the door was unlocked before I stepped further in. As soon as I was in his living room, I made a note of all the nearest windows. Emergency exits.

"I'm not going to kill you, calm down."

I laughed nervously. "Of course not. Why would I think that?"

He shrugged. "I guess you wouldn't mind if I locked the doors th-"

"No!"

He raised his brow questionably.

Another nervous laugh escaped my lips. "Yay."

"Why are you acting so awkward? You were the one who wanted to know," he said, tilting his head to the side.

"I'm not. Just start talking," I said defensively.

He bit his lower lip. "I'm nervous."

"What?" Shock was evident in my voice. I would have never thought that Harry would be admitting true human emotions.

He sat down on his couch and chuckled. "I mean, I've never talked to anyone about this before."

I crossed my arms. "Not even Mrs. White?"

"Especially not Mrs. White."

"But I thought you talked to her about your problems?" I asked, clearly confused.

That's something you constantly feel when talking to Harry Styles.

"We talk about what she thinks my problem is."

"And what is that?"

"Drugs. Alcohol. Normal teenage things," he said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Do you have a problem with drugs and alcohol?" I asked.

"Do I? I don't think so. Then again, when does a person with these issues admit to having a problem?" he answered.

Every time he "answers" one of my questions he always makes it difficult for me to comprehend the answer. It makes it seem like he thinks I'm the smartest person in the world.

"But you seem to be very aware of yourself. So, do you have a problem with drugs and alcohol or not?" I asked, but this time more sternly.

He smiled. "No, I do not."

I sat on the couch besides him. "Does Mrs. White know that?"

"How am I supposed to know what she thinks?"

"Harry."

"No, she does not."

"I see." I stared at him, trying to sense if he was lying to me or not. "Then what does she think?"

"She thinks that I'm two months clean. She thinks that I'm spending more time with my family who are helping me make better decisions."

"And why does she think that?" I questioned.

"Because that's what I told her."

"I see. I guess that's why Mrs. White told me to stay away from you."

"Yeah, she seems to run her mouth a bit."

"Harry. She's only looking out for you."

"Is she? I didn't notice."

Why is it so difficult to talk to this boy?

--

First part of getting to know Harry. Boy's messed up.

B