Part 68

"Yeah, no. That sounds great. Mhm. Yeah. Yes. Thank you. Bye."

My mom and I stared eagerly at my father, awaiting his reaction.

He finally put down his phone and looked at us with a pleased grin. "They're offering a lot of money."

"That's great!" my mother beamed. "Are you gonna take the job?"

"I'd be stupid not to. It's a lot of money. It looks like Y/N will be going to college," my dad joked.

"Does that mean that we're moving back?" I finally asked.

"There's a very high possibility. I'd feel bad though, you had a lot of friends here and I don't want to suddenly pressure you to move back. I know that you've dealt with us continuously moving and this was the one place that you actually socialized a lot with people," my dad responded.

"You even went to a party," my mom added.

"You never go to parties," my dad also added.

"And I don't think I will again," I huffed. "Mom, dad, if you believe that moving and getting this job is a good idea, I won't complain. I'll completely back up the whole moving plan. I love moving."

"You hate moving," my mom corrected.

"People change."

As my dad stayed oblivious, my mom eyed me suspiciously. "You aren't only suggesting the move because of a certain neighbor are you?"

"What? No! Irene is wonderful. I'm gonna miss her most of all."

"Y/N."

"We have a neighbor named Irene? I thought you were talking about Harry. I only know Harry," my dad pondered to himself before looking at my mom for clarification.

"Yes, we do have a neighbor named Irene and we are talking about Harry," my mom confirmed. "I just don't want Y/N to make any rash decisions because of boy trouble."

"Mom, I'm completely over Harry." And if by 'I'm completely over Harry' I actually meant 'I just now realize that I liked him all along' I wouldn't have been lying. "Okay, maybe it would be beneficial to me if I got as far away from him as possible but I'm not going to suggest moving just because of one person. It's much more than that. You guys are obviously struggling financially and this new job means that I might not spend the rest of my life in debt by going to college."

"Are you sure?" my mother questioned.

"Yes."

My parents both exchanged a glance at each other before my mom sighed. "I guess it's settled then."

I blinked in realization of my choices. I guess this is it. "So... when are we moving?"

...

I thought of several ways to tell them that I was leaving. There was no good way to do it. I couldn't exactly do what I usually did. If I just left without saying a word they would definitely realize. I've never had this much difficulty leaving, but that was maybe because I've never really had any friends.

I chewed on my sandwich, occasionally looking at my friends that were sitting next to me.

"Hey, did you know that Marissa's pregnant with her drug dealer?" Teddy asked, never looking up at us.

"What?" I sputtered as everyone else groaned and asked "Again?"

"Mhmm," Teddy responded.

I fidgeted in my seat. Just come out and say it. Just come out and say IT.

"So... what are you guys doing approximately three weeks from now?" I finally asked.

"I don't know, I think I have a dentist appointment. Or doctor's appointment. Or both. Or none. I actually don't know. Nevermind," Jase replied before blushing and turning away.

"Um, okay. That's cool. What about you guys?"

Mel and Teddy both responded with uncertainty.

"Well, um, I'm potentially moving. Do you want any brownies?" I quickly said before pulling out a container of brownies that previously occupied all of my backpack.

"Sure," Ted replied as Mel and Jase looked at me as if I just told them that I was a vampire.

"Excuse me?" Mel asked. "What are you doing in approximately three weeks from now?"

"She said she's moving," Teddy said with a mouthful of brownies.

"You seem upset about this," Jase huffed, glaring at Teddy.

"Trust me, I am. I'm eating the feelings away."

"Where exactly are you moving?" Mel interjected. "We might be jumping to conclusions. Maybe she's moving to a different street. I mean, she lives right next to Harry so maybe moving to a different street would be a good idea."

"Wait, she lives next to Harry?" Teddy asked.

Both Jase and Mel glared at Teddy until he sunk down in his seat.

I sighed. "I'm not moving to a different street."

My friends stared at me with an emotion that I could only register as disappointment.

"Is this because of Harry?" Jase asked. "Because you know if it is, I'd beat his ass."

Teddy snickered in the corner. "Lol."

"Shut up Teddy."

"Fight me."

"This isn't because of Harry," I answered. I knew this was partly true. "You know that guy at the party? He went to my old school and his dad runs a pretty big company and they offered my dad a job. It pays a lot and would help us out a lot."

Mel studied my words and body movements to figure out if I was lying. Once she realized that I wasn't, she simply nodded.

"Guys, never in a million years did I think that I would be so impacted by the people I meet while at school. I was so used to never having one home that it was just natural for me to stay secluded and not get attached to anyone because I knew that I would have to leave them. I have never felt so disheartened to leave a school because I know that I'd be leaving you guys as well. I just really hope that you guys won't forget me and still continue to talk to me afterwards."

Teddy bursted out into tears before he embraced me tightly. "I'll never forget you."

Mel joined in the hug. "Whenever you need a life counselor, you know you can call me."

We all looked at Jase expectantly.

He looked back at us before shaking his head and leaving the cafeteria.

---

Well hi. I'm trash.

And you guys keep reading.

Whattt

B x