Part 40

I glared at Harry who was chatting with my parents. How does he even do this? I don't even have the opportunity to be the girl who falls for the bad boy and her parents won't approve of their relationship (not that I would anyways if my parents hated him). My parents think that he's the best person in the world, probably because that think they're being cool by giving me the thumbs up to be with the guy who has more tattoos than days spent in school.

Harry finally looked back at me and smiled widely, giving me a half wave. I gave him a fake smile and return the wave

just a different kind of wave

with only one of my fingers.

"Later," Harry called across the table.

"What's happening later?" my mother asked, confused.

I mentally rolled my eyes and slap myself. "Nothing."

She shrugged it off while Harry looked extremely amused.

Satan.

"When are we going to talk?" I ask.

"Someone's eager," Harry responded.

"Yeah, for you to get out of my house," I mumbled.

"What was that?" Harry asked innocently. "I couldn't hear you."

"I said 'yeah, very'."

He just smiled in response.

It's like everything I do amuses him.

"I don't want to keep you guys away from each other," my mother gushed. "Go on. We'll finish our conversation another day."

My father only hummed in response.

Great, they're already planning another reunion.

"Of course, Mrs. Y/L/N," Harry says politely.

He's so fake.

I stood with my arms crossed, waiting for Harry to stop kissing my parents' asses. He finally stood up from the table too and shoved his hands into his front pockets. He then followed me into my room and plopped down on my bed.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I question, cocking my eyebrows.

"I don't hate you," he replies plainly. Although his voice sounded uninterested, his intense glare signalled otherwise.

"What?" He came all the way to my house just to tell me that he didn't hate me? Okay then. "Thanks, you too."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm being serious."

"I know. I never saw you as the joking type of person."

"Y/N. I don't hate you."

"Cool, we clarified this."

"You're not making me do this," he groaned.

What the hell is happening?

"Do what? Harry-"

Before I can process it, Harry's standing in front of me with my hands in his.

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

I stood there, dumbfounded. I cleared my throat before finding the words to speak. "Firstly, you did not just quote Mr. Darcy for an occasion such as this, Secondly, do not love me."

"I did and I know. I just didn't want to change any of Austen's words. I know that I don't like you, but I feel some sort of attraction towards you."

"Why?"

He looked at me before laughing. "Honestly?"

I nodded, afraid of what words might come out of his mouth.

"Well honestly, I don't know. I have no idea why I even like you. You could've sworn that I hated you like I do everyone else, but as you kept pissing me off I couldn't help but become intrigued by you."

"Gee, than-"

"I'm not done talking yet," he says, his eyes burning holes in mine. "You are so confusing. You just push me so much I don't even know what I can tolerate anymore. You know, you're first person that has ever made me rethink my whole entire logic? Not that I agree with your thoughts on Othello, but you made me rethink my judgement. You- you did this on purpose, didn't you?"

I stared blankly at him. I don't think I've ever heard him stutter before. "What exactly are you accusing me of?"

"Bewitching me! You made me like this! You made me like you! You- you're evil! What's wrong with you?" he screamed.

This suddenly didn't seem like a love confession anymore. I usually I would've been laughing since it's a rare occurrence for Harry to be hysterical, but I felt somewhat offended by him.

"What's wrong with me? What wrong with you! I never asked you to like me in the first place!" I retort.

"Yeah, but I do," he says softly.

What's wrong with him? One second he's accusing me of being a witch and screaming at me and the next he's being all mopey.

"Well, if this is what you're accusing me of: tricking you into developing 'feelings' for me, then I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to make you feel this way."

"I see."

"And although Mr. Darcy is amazing, you shouldn't follow his dating advice. Girls usually don't like it when guys tell them they like them then insult them."

He looked at me with a frightening look and before I know it, his lips are on mine.

I'm at a party right now and I feel awkward OMG someone talk to me. Also, question: if I were to update this story once or twice a week, what day(s) would you guys prefer? Also, apologies for not updating but you already hear that like 2072090187 times from me. I love you. So does Harry lEMME STOP