12

Vittore dragged me around the house to what looked like a board room. I could see plans on the walls and a huge black desk that Alexa was using as a screen. Cool.

Everyone in the room looked at Vittore and I in surprise and intrigue when we entered. Alexa's expression though became murderous. I was sure to give her a wink though. She didn't phase me. Her eyes widened and her cheeks turned red as she glared at me.

Vittore set me down at the back of the room. "Someone get me noice cancelling headphones," He commanded and a red pair where put in his hands not a second later.

He put them over my ears as I glared at him. After that, he turned and started addressing the other people in the room. I counted six and they all had their backs to me so I couldn't read their lips. Instead, I begun to untie my ropes.

The rough fibre rubbed against my brown skin painfully but I wasn't about to give up anytime soon. It took quite a while but I managed to slip one hand out of the rope and hte other was easily moved. I took the zip ties off my feet then removed the noise cancelling headphones.

My hearing was a bit fuzzy but I managed to make out what they were saying.

"... over Juliet's job but can she really do what we need her to do?" Alexa asked.

"And what exactly is it that I'm supposed to be doing?" I asked standing up. Everyone's heads quickly snapped to me in surprise except Vittore's.

"Glad to see you can finally join the plans," Vittore murmured.

"Bloody asshole," I said quietly under my breath as I moved closer to the table which was now being used to project the structure of a building. I read the name at the top. The Nova.

"So you're trying to rob one the biggest casinos and most powerful men?" I asked. The Nova was well known and it's owner, Elliott Hillingham wasn't a man you wanted to mess with. "What did he do to piss you off?"

Vittore sent me a side glance. "He owes me 40 million and hasn't paid his debt in time. I gave him more chances than anyone else and he's taken advantage of that. I'll just get the money myself," he said.

"And then what? He's off the hook?" a guy in the room asked. Vittore gave him a cold stare.

"And then I ask for my money and threaten to kill him if he doesn't give it in a week," Vittore said darkly.

"But we would've robbed him. He wouldn't have the money," the guy said. Honestly, what was his problem?

"That's the point smartass," I answered for Vittore.

"But that's wrong! Look, I didn't agree to have anyone killed-" He didn't even manage get one more word out before Vittore pulled out a gun and shot him in the head.

"Alexa, where did you find him?" Vittore asked motioning to the dead body with a tired sigh.

"He was the best hacker I could find sir," Alexa responded like the goody two shoes she was.

"Well find me another one. One who isn't so sensitive," Vittore said setting his gun on the table. "And get this cleaned up when we are done here."

"Yes sir," Alexa said with a nod, typing away on the ipad in her hands.

This was the life of the mafia. If you can't handle it, you're gone. That guy was giving off some very cowardly vibes. Who knows, he would've warned Elliot before we got a chance to rob the casino.

"So I still don't know what I'm doing and why Elliott Hillingham owes you 40 million," I said taking a seat in one of the office chairs and placing my legs on the table.

Alexa looked at me with hate in her eyes but I turned my attention to Vittore instead. I had no time for her childish drama.

"Your only job is to keep Elliot busy the whole night," Vittore said.

"And how am I supposed to do that? He is a busy and important man, he's going to know what goes on in his casino every bloody second," I stated.

"I don't care how you do it just get it done," Vittore said.

"And if I don't?" I asked.

"Then I'll have that pretty little throat of yours slit tesoro," Vittore grumbled crossing his arms. Not in a defensive way but to show how bored he was with the situation.

"Aww, you think my throat is pretty? My mom always did say I had that one feature that'll make the boys come running," I said with a smile and a tilt of my head.

Alexa coughed hard from where she stood while the other people in the room chuckled a bit. Vittore, like the buzz kill he is, just stared at me emotionlessly with those beautiful dark eyes of his.

"I have work to do. Take your questions up with Alexa and the others," He said before walking out of the room. I watched him disappear, happy to be out of his intense presence. Dude needs to crack a smile once in a while.

"So gang... what's the plan?" I asked interlocking my fingers and putting them on my chest, leaning back in the seat.

"Get your dirty feet off the table! It costs more than I'm sue you're worth!" Alexa snapped immediately.

"If I'm going to be distracting Elliot, I have to know the places I'm keeping him out of," I said to the others.

"Are you even listening to me!"

"Well, the first step of the plan is for us to get in the vault that's under the casino," A blonde guy said, tapping the hologram, causing it to become bigger and show the huge vault over 30 feet deep. "The only people with access are these two..." The guy slid two pictures towards me.

"Stop telling her the plan Carter!"

"Those are Esmee Fox and Joe Mason, close friends to Elliot," a pretty brunette girl.

"Peyton shut up!"

"How are you going to get in then?" I asked putting the pictures down.

"That's what I'm here for," a short blonde girl said with a smirk. "I'm good at make-up. I can make Peyton over there, look like Esmee. They have similar features and the hair could be a bit darker but that won't be a problem.

"Lily! I'm right here you guys! Stop ignoring me!"

"But doesn't the vault have thumbprint recognition?" I asked.

"It does," a buff redheaded guy said. "Along with a retinal scan, voice recognition and a eight digit number passcode. Those can easily be obtained."

"How?" I asked intrigued.

"Well the passcode we can get from a hacker. I have this one Russian friend who I'm sure would be of much help and thumb print, even an amateur can get that but the retinal scan would be hard," the redhead said.

"I thought we could just take out Esmee's eye and Peyton could take that but no one listens to my ideas," a pale skinny emo looking guy said from his spot on the other side in the room. He too was sitting on the opposite side.

"All of you stop telling her the plan! The boss didn't say we had to inform her about everything! She could be a spy! Maddox and Felix, you shouldn't-" I got up from my seat, tired of Alexa's irritating little voice.

"You better shut the fuck up or I will do it for you!" I snapped at her. Alexa rolled her eyes at me.

"You can't do that. Vittore would-" I didn't giver her time to finish before I moved forward, punching her as hard as I could in the face. She fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Thank you. I was starting to think she'd never shut up," the emo guy, who I guessed was Felix said.

"Do we need her for the heist?" I asked.

"Nope. She's just here for some reason," Maddox, the redhead grumbled.

"Ok. Tell me more on how I'm supposed to do my role," I said sitting back down.