52

Vittore was going down the stairs faster than I was, anger clear in his movements. Why was Alexa here anyway? She and Maddox were supposed to be catching the wife of the Raven's Don. It had barely been a week. How did they find her so fast?

That is if they found her.

And as soon as we turned the corner, I realised they did.

A girl was being held between them, a bag over her head. Her body sagged in a way I was familiar with and her head was bowed to the ground.

"May I present, Angel Claurisse," Alexa announced and pulled the bag off the woman's head.

Large and fearful brown eyes snapped to meet mine and Vittore's before looking at Alexa and Maddox. I noticed the way she flinched away from her fellow red head and my interest peaked.

"How did you find her so quickly?" Vittore asked crossing his arms.

"Well... its a long story-"

The sound of the elevator opening cut Alexa off as Peyton and Lily walked into the room, chatting but stopped once they saw the situation.

"Uh..." Peyton mumbled. "Bad time?"

"Ya think?" Lily hissed nudging her. "We'll be in the kitchen but I wanted to talk to Dalia."

"Sure. I'll be with the two of you in a sec," I said to them and off to the kitchen they went. My attention went back to Alexa. "Go on."

"When you gave me and Maddox the mission, it was kind of hard to finally find this girl's name. Its so odd honestly. Maddox managed to track her down and she was about to be killed."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Yeah I know. Turns out, this one's hubby loved her so much, he sent his best assassins to help her leave this life," Alexa rolled her eyes and pushed Angel forward. "She owes me for saving her life."

"You saved her life?" I asked Alexa not believing a single word that came out of her mouth.

"I just said that," Alexa cockily replied, pulling out her phone and settling down on the couch.

"Have you questioned her yet?" Vittore asked moving closer to the red haired woman who begun to shake like a leaf.

"She's keeping her lips sealed," Maddox commented coldly, glaring at her. She turned to him for a split second and I swear, there was familiarity in her gaze.

"Right..." Vittore mumbled, wrapping his hand around the red head's neck and squeezing. she chocked and clawed at him arm but the Italian didn't seem fazed. "Who's your husband?"

Angel's face begun to turn red. "I-I can't t-tell you," she gasped out.

"I don't think you're reading this situation very well. You don't talk, you die," Vittore said simply and tears spilled over Angel's cheeks. I just pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Angel... darling. The man you'e trying to protect has been having an affair on you since he signed the marriage papers. Just do yourself a favour and snitch," I said softly but her face was now completely red and she wouldn't stop crying.

"Vittore let her go," I said with a sigh and not a second later, the pretty red head was gasping for breath on the floor. "Can I talk to you?"

I pulled Vittore with me to the kitchen, motioning for Peyton and Lily to leave. When they did, I turned to him with crossed arms.

"She's not talking which was expected and we are not torturing her it seems to messy. We should just wait for the mafia convention at this point," I suggested and Vittore sighed.