60

Dalia's POV

I picked at my nails that had just gotten a fresh French manicure. Faye had helped me with my make up, my eyeshadow was dark to bring out my brown eyes and I had on some nude dark brown lipstick, nothing too bold. My hair was held in a curly bun at the top of my head and my bags fell softly on my forehead, framing my soft features.

"Isn't he supposed to give me a dress?" I mumbled mostly to myself, getting ready to leave this room and barge into Vittore's for my gown.

"Patience darling, you'll get nowhere if you're this rushed," Faye said from her spot on my bed.

"I'm not impatient I'm just worried, nervous and very restless," I mumbled. I had no idea what Vittore was going to put me in. Leather? Maybe. I'd look sexy in that at least.

"My son does things with precision. It can sometimes be off putting-"

"Sometimes?" I cut Faye off with a snort but she still continued.

"-but... he always pulls through."

"Yeah I hope so because I can't stand just sitting here any longer," I complained, getting to my feet and pacing in the room. I had only a robe on with a black lacy underwear underneath. My bra was strapless because I had no idea what the dress looked like and it seemed like the best choice.

Faye sighed and got off my bed, placing her hands on my shoulders, turning me around and guiding me back to the desk. She pushed me down on the seat and pulled out the jewelry we'd bought.

"You need to calm down darling. Take a deep breathe before you faint on me," Faye teased and handed me a pair of gold butterfly studs that I put in my ears.

"I'm calm," I defended, my brows pinching as Faye helped me put on my chockers. They were both gold, a wonderful colour that stood out against my skin but whilst one was an extremely thin chain, the other had gold platted circles.

"What if this gold doesn't match the dress?" I voiced, wishing I could keep my thoughts to myself.

"Then we'll take it off. Stop worrying," Faye chided.

"But how can I-"

My words stopped as there was a knock on the door. my heart leapt into my throat as I froze. It took about five seconds before I sprung up and walked over, opening the door. There was no one in the hall, just a white rectangular box at my feet that was tied with a light brown bow.

I bent down and picked the box up, going back inside the room and shutting the door with my foot. I set the box on my bed and stared at it.

"Are you going to open it?" Faye whispered after a while.

"Give me a second," I mumbled, taking a deep breath.

I pulled the bow back and opened the lid, seeing dark brown paper crumbled at the top. I quickly removed it and looked at the dress on the inside. The first thing I noticed was a pretty light pink material with multiple gold star sticker like decorations strewn across it like glitter.

I pulled the dress out and held it higher to see more of it and even Faye looked over my shoulder to get a better look.

"Its..." I trailed off with a frown.

"What? You don't like it? I think it's wonderful," Faye said, running her hand down the material.

"No. It's beautiful, more than I could've imagined," I protested, dropping the dress back.

"You don't sound so happy about that," Faye stated and I had no idea what to think.

"It's perfect," I whispered.

"I know," Faye gushed.

"It has the gold we need."

"Convenient isn't it."

"The colour isn't too bold. It's actually really soft and pretty."

"Vittore does have and eye for colours."

"I think I'll actually look beautiful in it. Not hot or sexy just... beautiful."

"Amazing how things work out isn't it?"

"I hate it," I finally stated collapsing on my bed and staring at the ceiling.

"That's cute darling now come on, get dressed. We don't want to keep Vittore waiting," Faye coaxed and pulled me up. She shoved the dress in my hands and guided me to the bathroom to slip it on.

I sighed as the door closed and slipped out of my robe. I pulled on the dress and since it had a built in bra, I decided to ditch the one I was wearing. The dress had spaghetti straps that knotted at the top of my shoulders, a cute feature I liked. The dress fell to the floor and left a trail. I couldn't help but twirl a little in the mirror.

The pale pink really brought out the dark brown of my skin and the gold stars glinted under the light if they were hit just right. They weren't too many to feel suffocating and spread out across the material just right.

I stepped out of the bathroom and Faye smiled, a squeal tumbling from her lips that got mine tugging upwards.

"Oh you look beautiful darling," she gushed and picked out a pair of gold open stiletto lace up heels from my closet. "Ok so these would go great with the whole theme. I'm going to go see how Vittore is holding up. You, put these on and come downstairs."

I took the heels from Faye as she practically bounced of excitement as she left my room. I sat down on the bed and put the heels on, securing the straps around my ankles. I stood up and moved to the middle of my room where I could see myself in my vanity. I twirled, my heels clicking on the floors as a soft smile split my face.

I loved the way the dress flared out with me and there was a sense of empowerment every time my heels made noise as they met the ground.

Taking a deep breath, I decided to go downstairs. I held my hands in front of my waist and fiddled with them as i slowly made my way down the empty hall, hearing Faye and Vittore complain. I slowly made my way down, bunching up some of my dress in my hand to prevent myself from tripping on the stairs. Wouldn't that be a sight.

When my eyes did find Vittore, he was looking at his mother but he was as dashing as always. He had on a black suit but his undershirt was a light pink, similar to the colour of my dress. Well good to know he was making some sacrifices.

After while, his dark eyes rose to meet mine and I saw they ay they widened slightly as his lips parted.

"Fottuto inferno," he said under my breath.

I reached the bottom and put a hand on my hip. "Well that's some language you got there," I commented but Vittore's eyes still roamed my body, making it heat up at the lust that was clear in his gaze.

"What?" I voiced to get his eyes off me. "Cat got your tongue?"

I couldn't stop my smirk if I wanted. Vittore's tongue came out of his mouth as he wet his lower lip before pulling it between his teeth. His hand moved forward, grabbing mine as he pulled me closer until his forehead rested on mine.

"Bellissimo," Vittore said under his breath and I smiled lightly, trying my hardest to hide it.

"You're not too bad yourself Mr. big bad and scary," I whispered, my eyes meeting his.

There was a flash in the room and I blinked, turning to see Faye put down a polaroid land camera. A weird buzzing noise sounded in the room as she pulled out the picture that had been processed and shook it out.

"Where did you get that?" I asked confused because she pulled it out of nowhere.

"Always be prepared," was Faye's answer as she handed me the photo she just took.

It was a beautiful one if I was honest. Vittore and i stared at each other, completely oblivious to his devious mother who was taking a picture. Vittore looked over my shoulder at the picture for a few seconds before Faye slipped it out of my hands.

"I already have a frame for this in my room. I'm going to put it in before I leave," she said smiling at the photo.

I blinked but a smile creeped up on my face.

Faye really was one of a kind.