17

I had migrated from the bar to a couple tables, flirted and talked with some guys, basically, I tried to blend in. The alcohol I had taken earlier seemed to loosen me up a bit and I was grateful because the temptation to get my gun out and shoot every single man that touched me was strong.

I was happy I had a sense of patience because things were moving slower than they should've. I sighed, turning away from yet again boosting another man's ego when my eyes finally caught the sight of Elliot. He wasn't a bad looking guy with his caramel hair and green eyes. If he wasn't like 12 years older than me, I'd totally pursue him.

He walked over to the centre of the casino, joining a poker game with some old dudes. Some of them I knew well because of their money and the fact that they had connections with my father, no scratch that, my sperm donor.

I walked over to the table casually, putting myself in Elliots' line of sight. It took a while but his eyes finally glanced to me, raking over my body. Time to play the player.

I glanced down every time our eyes met, smiling shyly but always checking if his gaze was on me which it was. The first step was to play hard to get. His eye beckoned me over and at a point, he gave me a wink which I fake giggled at while I vomited a little inside. He wasn't even my type.

I let this back and forth eye flirting continue for a while until I saw him focus more on his game than he was on me. That was a bad sign so I moved from where I was to stand behind him, watching the people play. Step two was more of teasing. Slight brushes of the skin, small comments whenever he won, touching his shoulder and all that.

I needed him to be interested to a point he had a seat pulled up for me. This part was the easiest. There were many people passing by and the only way for them to pass was for me to move closer to Elliot. I touched his shoulder a couple of times, lightly chuckled at a few of his jokes like I was just a passer-by and made sure I was standing so close to the back of his chair, it was impossible not to notice my presence.

Sure I was pulling a few brave moves but what guy didn't like a vixen once in a while? I knew my stuff was working when Elliot turned his head a little to the side to get a view of me.

"Why don't you sit down love? I bet those heels are killing you," Elliot commented.

"Oh. I wouldn't want to intrude on your game," I said making a move to leave. God these men were so easy.

"Nonsense. Why would I leave a pretty lady like you standing. My mother taught me better," Elliot said, turning fully in his chair and giving me a warm smile. I smiled back at him, avoiding his gaze.

A chair was pulled right beside Elliot and he patted it, motioning for me to sit which I did.

"What's your name?" Elliot whispered in my ear. His disgustingly warm breath fanned against my face and honest to God it smelt bad.

"Mabel. Mabel Cole," I said smiling lightly.

"Mabel. What a beautiful name," Elliot said. Yeah thanks I got it from my favourite Gravity Falls character. I begun to play with the ends of my hair, refusing to meet Elliot's eyes.

"How old are you Mabel?" Elliot asked.

"Twenty. I was actually here to meet a friend but he didn't show," I said my voice dripping with sadness.

"Now why would a man stand up such a pretty girl?" Elliot asked as he focused on his game once again. I shrugged.

"I don't really know. I liked him for a long time and I thought we were getting somewhere but I guess I was wrong," I said filling my tone with disappointment.

"Don't waste your time on little boys who have no care in the world. A wonderful girl like you should be treated like a queen, taken care of by someone more mature and more inclined to make your dreams come true," Elliot commented.

"And let me guess, you're that more mature person brought into this world for me?" I asked smiling brightly at him.

"You said it love. I didn't."

I let out a fake laugh, turning my gaze from his to the table where the others were focused on the game than Elliot and I's conversation. Chatter flowed easily after that, Elliot taking interest in the Mabel persona I was using. The conversations around me went from home issues to business and I was sure to catch every word.

"... I know but he never missed game night. Not since his daughter died," one of the old men said. I think his name was Benedict.

"True true. Andre was always one to distract himself from his struggles instead of facing them," Elliot said.

Wait a second. Andre? They were talking about my fath- sperm donor.

"Andre? Are you talking about Andre Gates?" I asked boldly but keeping my tone soft.

"Sure are. He's one of my favourite people to play with. Always had unnatural luck," Benedict stated.

"He's always come here on days like these when the casino is beyond full ever since his daughter died," another old guy said. I wasn't quite sure what his name was. It started with an O. Probably Oliver.

"His daughter? You mean Dalia Gates?" I asked while my mind was spinning. My sperm donor came here. He moved all the way from Santa Pores to Las Pavita to play poker. I could find him. I could get my revenge.

"Yeah that's the name. Pretty girl too. He never talks about her though. Just boats about his son Logan who's now a CEO and his daughter Kay who's a model," Benedict murmured looking at his cards and the table.

Kay became a model? Huh. I didn't expect that. I always thought she'd follow my mom, wait, scratch that again, my incubator with the whole being a designer thing. I also thought Logan would go into sports. He did love basketball with a fiery passion. How'd he end up being forced onto a desk? Probably my sperm donor who forced him into it.

"What's with your fascination about the Gates family?" Elliot asked. Shit.

"I just had this crush on Logan Gates at a point. Stupid I know," I lied easily. Inside, I cringed.

"You had a crush on him? Who do you like now?" Elliot inquired leaning back in his seat, his cards hidden from view. I turned away from him with a shrug and a shy smile.

"I think I'm starting to like mature people. You know, someone who can take care of me," I said using his own words and looking at him suggestively. God I hope Vittore actually gets the heist done well. This isn't worth it.

Elliot looked at me in a new light. Final step. Attraction. I had Elliot wrapped around my little finger. Now to keep him like this for about two hours. A ringing broke the trance Elliot was in, glancing at my body.

He straightened in his seat, reaching into his dark jacket pocket. I watched him carefully, a seductive smile on my face. He didn't break eye contact as he talked to whoever was on the other line.

"Yeah... uh huh... mmm... no.... ok. I'll be there in 10," He said. "Sorry gentlemen, Mabel, but I must be leaving."

I watched Elliot stand up. Shit. I reached out to him.

"Is something wrong?" I asked holding onto his wrist making genuine concern drip through my words. Elliot smiled at me but didn't make a move of removing my hand.

"No love. I just have some business to attend to. I'll be back," he said leaning down and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

Disgust run through my veins faster than lightning at the contact but I didn't flinch. I just accepted it as Elliot pulled away and walked back into the crowd. I stood up too, ready to stop him. There was no way I was failing on this mission.

My eyes followed Elliot but in my peripheral vision, I saw Maddox. A plan formed in my mind. It may get me the attention I wanted but it would be hard to keep it. I had to try. I made my way towards Maddox.

This had a 50% chance of blowing up in my face but it was fine. Go big or go home right?