Epilogue 4

Dalia's POV

"Faye! Get back here! Vittore where the fuck is Adrinao?!" I shouted, turning the corner to chase after Faye.

God she was fast. I managed to find the giggling little shit hiding behind the cough and grabbed her around the waist.

"Faye I'm going to kill you," I groaned while trying to put her black shiny shoes on her feet.

She wigged, her dark soft curls bouncing from her pigtails. I hated the fact that she was wrinkling her dress with how much she was moving.

"Faye stop!" I snapped and she didn't let up.

"No mamma, I hate these shoes," she whined.

"I don't care," I grumbled finally managing to get her dressed and placing her down. Her skin was a smooth light brown, so much different from my darker one.

"Ok you can go watch something on TV until your father and I can find your brother," I said and Faye cheered, running to the living room.

I sighed and turned to go help Vittore search for Adriano. I knew I said I wouldn't have anymore kids but Adrinao was completely unexpected. I only knew about him when I was three months in.

After that, I had my other fallopian tube disconnected. I wasn't having another. Adriano's birth was much safer than Faye's. I didn't die, just had been a little anaemic for a few months but everything worked out.

Faye had turned 4 just a few months ago and Adriano 2. They were my pride and joy and nothing was better than watching them grow.

Faye was a really smart kid and learnt faster than most. I loved that for her, it would be easy when I brought her more into the mafia. I'd already tried to teach her to throw knives.

Safely of course.

I walked into Vittore and I's room and saw him checking under the bed for our son. Since he'd learnt to crawl, he's been hiding in all kinds of places. The first time he went missing, I bawled my fucking eyes out trying to find him.

"Found him yet?" I asked getting closer. Vittore shook his head and stood up.

I held onto his shoulder that was under his all black suit and sighed, thinking of where Adriano might be now. In the corner of my eye I saw the necklace I'd given him all those years ago, the only splash of colour on him. 

"I'll check the kitchen ok?" Vittore asked and I nodded. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, the beard he'd been growing brushing against my skin. He was still the same except he gelled his hair back a lot now and he'd grown a tad bit larger.

"I'll check his room," I said and we split.

I went to Adriano's room and opened all the drawers and checked under the bed. I peeled back the curtain and there sitting on the floor and playing with a rubik's cube, well more like destroying one, was my son.

"Adriano," I sighed picking him up. His dark eyes, the ones he shared with his father and sister met mine and he held out the cube for me to take and I did.

"Why were you hiding?" I asked brushing off his tiny black tee and sweats. He had on his dark shoes, something I was actually happy about.

"Hidin'?" Adriano spoke up and I nodded.

"Yes, hiding. I said no more," I scolded but it went on deaf ears. He would hide again.

"No hidin' jus shhhhhhh!" he said softly, his finger on his lips.

I sighed and shook my head. Adriano liked the quiet. He really did but sometimes, he made so much noise around the house, you'd think we lived with turkeys.