18

I grabbed Maddox's hand and pulled him with me towards where Elliot was supposed to be headed. He kept getting stopped by people who wanted to talk with him so that worked in my favour.

"Dalia. What on earth are you doing?" Maddox asked.

"Elliot's slipping from me. I need to get his attention and you are going to help," I hissed at him.

"I can't. I could get kicked out," Maddox said.

"Not if you do this properly," I answered. Maddox had on a brunette wig that made him look so much different. "Take off the wig."

Maddox glared at me. "This isn't part of the plan."

"No shit Sherlock but we need to do this ok?," I said and he sighed, nodding. "Good. Follow me."

I led Maddox down the hallway that the guests who stayed could use to get to their rooms because there was an elevator at the end which was the tip of a T hallway.

"When Elliot comes, run down this side, there should be a closet there for you to hide in," I said turning to Maddox and pointing left.

"You sure it's left?" He asked looking down the right hallway. I nodded.

"I looked at this things over a hundred times with Carter. I know which side is which," I said as Maddox pulled off the wig, throwing it into the left hall. "Lose the jacket too."

"Why?"

"Cause I said so Maddox. Just do it," I said sighing. He grumbled but removed his jacket, throwing it in the left hall right next to the wig.

"Good. Now, hit me."

"What?" Maddox asked his eyes slightly widening in shock.

"I said hit me. Like three good punches to the face. Something that'll bruise," I said getting ready. Maddox looked at my stance and I could see the gears turning in his head. He thought I was crazy.

"I can't hit you," he said.

"Why not?"

"Because Dalia. You're a girl and Vitt-"

"Let me stop you right there," I said holding my hand up. "Yes I know I'm a girl and a fucking teenager for that but for some reason, y'all are blindingly trusting me with this bloody mission. now you either tell Vittore you failed or you punch me in the face right now. Don't be such a pussy."

"You're a teenager?" Maddox asked, singling out the one part of the whole speech I just gave.

"Maddox!"

"Ok ok. Jeez," he said before pulling his hand back and punching me across the face. He did this a few more times until I felt my eye throbbing and blood running down my nose and lip.

"Do I look bad?" I asked him through the pain that assaulted my face. He winced shaking out his knuckles.

"Yeah. You look seriously fucked up," he said.

"Good good. Now we just wait," I said.

"Wait for?"

"When Elliot comes down that hall, I want you to press me up against the elevator and pretend like you're harassing me," I said seriously.

"God Dalia. What is wrong with you?" Maddox asked.

"Do you want the money or not?" I asked putting a hand to my hip. Blood dripped from my nose to my dress. Dang it. It's white! I brought my other hand up, pressing it on my nose. Maddox better hope he hadn't broken it. I'd be happy to return the favour.

"Of course I do but-"

"But nothing. Do as I say and everything will be fine," I said taking my hand away from my injured nose. Maddox sighed, like the prospect of fighting with me drained him. Good.

"Now, when I whisper run to you, you run. If they catch you, you'll probably be put in a cell tonight," I said completely serious.

"You're a crazy bitch," Maddox whispered almost to himself.

"Thanks. I try," I replied just as voices sounded down the hall, coming towards us. I pulled Maddox with me to the side of the elevator. "It's now or never Maddox."

He sighed but moved closer to me, trapping my body with his against the wall. "Try anything funny and I'll kick your balls understand?" I promised.

"Yeah yeah I got it," he said as he held my hands in a loose grip. I nodded at him and once the voices got closer, I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Maddox pressed his hand to my mouth, smirking in my face. I glared at him. He made sure his hand wasn't actually touching me so he didn't get the blood on his fingers. I shook my head at him before bringing tears forth. I whimpered and struggled against Maddox's "tight" hold as the voices became louder.

"Hey!" Someone shouted.

"Run," I whispered to Maddox and he immediately let me go. I let my body fall to the floor and watched as Maddox picked up his jacket and the wig, wasting no time dashing down the halls.

Like every pathetic girl would, I curled into a ball, small fake sobs slipping past my lips. It really wasn't that hard to cry, laugh or change emotions so fast. In the "safe house" being able to do this was like a rite of passage. I was taught well.

Hands landed on my body and I peeked up to see Elliot.

"Mabel? Love?"

"Elliot?" I called sitting up a bit. I moved forward, wrapping my arms around his neck as I sobbed into his chest. "Elliot.. h-he... h-he... I c-couldn't stop him. I-I couldn't..."

He run his hand down my back as people rushed past us, probably to fin Maddox who was long gone.

"It's alright love. Come. Let me help you," he said putting and arm around my waist and guiding me to my feet. I limped beside him as he got the elevator to open. He supported me as we got inside and went up to what I was hoping was his floor.

The elevator opened straight into the living room of his large open spaced penthouse. He helped me to the couch.

"Wait here. I think I have some supplies in my office," He said and I nodded.

I watched him leave my side, walk to the corner of the room where there was a bunch of stairs, climb them and disappear. As soon as he was gone, I walked to the elevator. Taking the knife from my thigh, I used it to turn the screws on the pannel where the up and down buttons were.

Removing the pannel, I pulled at a few wires, cutting some too. I wasn't sure what I was doing just as long as Elliot couldn't leave anytime soon. I put the stuff back and went to sit at the couch once more. I looked around the penthouse.

It wasn't that bad, the brown theme was nice but I preferred the black and gold at Vittore's. It just spoke to me. It wasn't long until Elliot descended the stairs with a first aid kit, cleaning my wounds. It took every muscle in my body not to shove him away from me so I could do it myself.

Just one and a half hours to go Dalia. I could do this.