36

I took a shower, a cold one.

A very cold one.

Did it help?

No.

Nothing would at this point. I was thinking of Vittore in ways I hadn't thought of anyone.

Ever.

I tried to distract myself when I reached the closet. Turns out, this room was now mine. I was living in the same space as the man who had me questioning my sanity and I didn't mind it at all. The problem was, most of the clothes here didn't fit me. The elegant and classy looking dresses did which was funny but nothing else.

The bras were too small, not my fault. The shirts were too tight, the pants, too small so I had resorted to just wearing sweats, the way I liked it. I threw my now shoulder length hair in a semi decent bun, my bags falling in my face. I liked them. Faye really had a talent when it came to cutting hair.

I walked back down the spiral staircase to the kitchen. I was hungry. After a snack, I'd get some sleep because I desperately needed it. I opened the fridge and it was fully stocked but I didn't know what I wanted. I kept my gaze out of the freezer because I'd be too tempted to just chew some ice and sleep.

I decided on a sandwich and pulled out what I needed. I'd fry some eggs with this if I wasn't so lazy at the moment. I was making a sandwich when someone walked into the kitchen. It was Alexa. Her brown hair was down, covering her face but it couldn't hide the black eye she was sporting.

"What happened to you?" I asked frowning. She looked up and when she saw me and sighed tiredly like she didn't even have the energy to argue or she was holding herself back.

"Vittore," she simply answered.

"He did that?" I asked slightly proud. That must have been one good hit. I wonder if he knocked her out. I'd punched her before. It didn't seem like a difficult task.

"Yeah. I wasn't in the mansion when the attack happened," she said taking a seat on the other side of the counter.

"Where were you then?" I asked.

"None of your business," she quickly retaliated, glaring at me. I held my hands up.

"Whatever. You act like if you answered, I'd give a fuck," I said slapping the last slice of bread on my sandwich. Alexa sighed.

"Where's Vittore?"

"Why do you need to know?" I asked cutting my sandwich into triangles.

"Well I have some papers to give him. His lawyer won't stop fucking calling me and I have better things to do."

I snorted. "You? Better things to do?"

"Not all of us just flash smiles at rich bastards and get what we want. Some of us have to work for it," Alexa snapped.

"You think just smiling at a guy will get you in their heads?" I asked with a roll of my eyes. "It's about seduction, manipulation. If you think you got that down, go smile at some random asshole but don't call me to help if you mess up."

Alexa looked like she was going to retaliate when Maddox walked in. He didn't look much different from the time I saw him. I wonder why he was here. I hadn't seen him since the heist. 

"Hey Dalia!" He cheered, a smile on his ace as he walked over to us. I didn't match his energy as I bit into my sandwich.

"What do you want Maddox?" Alexa asked, venom in her tone. I just rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. I was just looking for the boss," he said, glancing around.

"He's not available at the moment. Why don't the two of you come back later. Preferably when I'm dead," I said the last part under my breath because I did not want company at the moment. Why didn't people get that after defeating a while mafia assassination team and almost dying of blood loss, a girl needed some "me" time.