72

*silent prayer*

72

Surprise was the only emotion that flowed through my body for 3.5 seconds.

I froze, who else wouldn't and tried to process everything.

Vittore was kissing me.

Well butter me up and call me a biscuit.

I kissed him back.

My eyes fluttered shut as I shuffled on my knees to get closer. My hand went to the nape of his neck and into the little strands of hair a the base as I pulled him closer, being mindful of his injury.

His soft lips moved against mine and my body was buzzing. It was heating up and tingling everywhere we touched and I loved it but I pulled away after a while, my breathing hard.

"Your injury first," I whispered in a husky tone. My eyes met Vittore's and they were fixed on my lips. He pecked them and shifted to let me take care of his wound.

When he removed his hand, I shook my head and focused, my stomach still full of butterflies and my breathing erratic. The bullet was still inside and the first aid kit had no tweezers whatsoever.

"I'm going to have to pull the bullet out with my hands," I warned Vittore as I poured some alcohol on my fingers. I wouldn't want him to get an infection now would I.

I placed one hand on his shoulder and dug two fingers into his bullet wound. He winced, an action that went straight to my heart but I had to pull the bullet out. I rummaged around, my two fingers trying to find the foreign objet and Vittore's hand landed on my waist, squeezing tightly. After a second, I managed to get it under my thumb nail and pulling it out was easier.

As soon as it feel to the plain floor, blood begun to rush out of the wound and down Vittore's arm. With a curse, I brought forward the needle and thread. Using a lighter, I heated the end of the needle and begun to sew him up. Both of us were covered in his blood and his rugged breathing was my only solace that he was alive.

After a while, I cleaned the site with cotton and more alcohol before sealing it with a bandage.

"There," I said softly. "Now we just-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence because Vittore pulled me up from the ground and settled me in his lap so I straddled his waist. He wrapped both hand around me, one settled in the small of my back, pulling me forward and the other in the mess of curls on my head.

Vittore's lips brushed against mine as my heart hammered in my chest, my hands fisting in his shirt in anticipation.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked in a low husky tone.

"You didn't ask the first time," I replied with a smirk and leaned forward, pressing my lips on his instead.

His hands tightened around me, to a point where it was painful but it just made everything I was feeling the whole more better. My brain was clouded, all my mind knew was the lips on mine, the hands around me, he warmth and the flutter in my belly.

Vittore pulled back, the hand in my hair yanking it back so my neck was exposed. His lips landed on the soft area and I let out a breath, my whole body shuddering. Vittore sucked and nibbled on my neck and he reached a certain spot that made my whole body tense and my toes curl as a sound I had never made flew past my lips.

Damn it.

Vittore kissed a trail up to my ear and slightly nibbled on it.

"Found your sot spot," he whispered in. deep tone and I shook my head, my chest heaving up and down.