74

Twelve-tuple fucking update. Someone needs to pay me.

74

My uncle was the Don of the Ravens

I mean, it made sense. I knew I'd seen him somewhere. He came to our house a lot when I was younger but that was back when we were still in Britain. After we moved, he sort of disappeared.

"Tesoro."

My dad never liked him now that I think about it. The two were so formal with each other, so plastic. My uncle only ever really got along with my mother but that was when he brought us all gifts.

"Dio mio tesoro (Oh my God tesoro)!"

So if my uncle was the Don, does it make it my fault Faye was dead? I mean of course not because he barely knew who I was so... damn why is this complicated. Why couldn't he have been some random junkie or even another Sante but noooo.

"Dannazione, tesoro (Damn, tesoro)!"

Does my dad have anything to do with this? I mean it would make sense. Maybe he sold me to pay off a debt with my uncle but that doesn't seem right.

Ok I have to state the facts I know.

My uncle is the Don of the Ravens.My uncle is the cause of Faye's death.My parents were, maybe still are involved with the mafia.

"Questa donna (This woman)..."

I mean, who would've thought. The guy was a billionaire, he could be involved with more shit than I know of and what about Logan? He's taking over dad's company. Does he know? If he did he'd probably tell Kay. Those two were as thick as thieves, even before I was sold. I always was out of the loop but now... I see why.

"Amore!"

Maybe, just maybe, this was all planned. Maybe I'm not even part fo the Gates family. Maybe I was bought and my parents kept me and made me famous to get more money because if I was just "some kid" I may not have paid for much.

It would make sense though because nothing was at this point.

"Dalia!"

"Hmm? What?" I mumbled, looking up to Vittore who was sitting on the bed, the sheets pooled around his waist. I was standing, my pacing finally coming to a stop at the sound of my name.

He never said my name. He called me tesoro. Well except for that one time. We don't talk about that one time.

"Quindi ora finalmente mi dai la tua attenzione (So now you finally give me your attention)," he murmured.

"What?" I asked because I didn't want to deal with anymore confusion.

"Oh per l'amor di Dio (Oh for God's sake)," He all but sighed. "Come sit here."

I looked at where Vittore's large hand patted the bed and I shook my head, continuing my pacing.

"I need to stay mobile for a while i can't..." I run my hand through my hair. "Just take your medicine and eat something."

My eyes caught the sight of the iron tablets I'd put out and desperately needed but Vittore needed them more. He was the one with the large mafia and couldn't die in a crappy motel.

"I'll eat something if you settle down," Vittore said with a glare to me and I angrily planted my ass on the bed where he'd told me too previously.

"There. Now eat."

He did. He ate as I quietly seethed and plotted in my mind.

"Are you not going to ask me anything?" I finally said after the sound of his chewing became deafening.

"Are you going to answer honestly?" he retaliated and I pursed my lips. I had nothing more to hide so I nodded.

"How'd you get involved with Matteo?" Vittore asked and passed me a bag of chips. I opened it and stuffed my face before answering.

"I wasn't involved with him but I guess my sperm donor, Andre Gates was," I sighed and waved a chip around a little. "I was the last born. It was Logan first, Kay and then little old me. The day after my 14th birthday was the day Andre sold me to Matteo."

"Why you?" Vittore asked and I shrugged.

"Your guess is as good as mine. I mean, Kay was beautiful, everything I ever wanted to be. She had my mother's heart and soul and my brother Logan was a great athlete. He played it all. Basketball, football, soccer... it got him famous with the press and so he had my father's attention. Those two were my parents pride and joy. The only thing I was good for was reading, taking up space and at least passing my exams like my siblings."

It hurt to actually talk about everything. It really made me realize a lot I'd been pushing back in my mind.

"The only person who I can say made my life easier was my firmed Violet and her mom. God knows where she is right now but they... they were real to me. My siblings didn't hate me if that's what you're thinking. They just weren't there. I was the youngest so I didn't fit in with them I think... I don't know. I just keep telling myself it was a long time ago."

"We're killing them," Vittore randomly said and I laughed lightly.

"I planned on it," I said and a smile lifted in the corner of my lips. It was a sad one but it was what I could pull. Vittore's hand touched my cheek and he turned my head so he could press a soft kiss on my lips.

"You taste like Lays," I whispered quietly as he pulled away and he smirked, kissing the corner of my lip.

"So do you."

"Is this going to be the norm now?" I randomly asked.

"If showing my feelings for you is normal then yes."

I leaned forward and kissed Vittore again as he wrapped a hand around me.

"I like the sound of that," I said softly, my issues with my family slowly fading with the dull ache in my heart.

"We have to get back so we can get started on trying to find Antonio an-"

"I actually have an idea," I said looking up at his dark eyes. "Since he's my father's brother, I bet my sperm donor must know something. They still live in Gates manor and if I'm correct, haven't put my prints out of the system yet."

"You are a smart woman Mrs. Martinelli," Vittore said lowly, his chest vibrating with the deep tone of his voice.

"I know," I responded with a smirk and kissed him yet again before fully pulling away and getting off the bed. "Now rise and shine mister. Looks like you're going to meet my parents early. You should be worried. My dad has a gun."

Vittore reached out for me, pulling me back to the bed and rolling on top of me so my body was trapped under his large frame.

"Yeah well I have you."

"Are you saying I'm more dangerous than a gun Mr. Martinelli?" I whispered, my eyes fixed on his lips as he run his tongue over them.

"I'm saying you're the most lethal weapon someone can have against me tesoro," he said, his tone husky but carrying more truth than the two of us were willing to admit.

"Don't worry," I said softly, leaning my forehead against his and closing my eyes. "You're my kryptonite too superman."