45

"Dalia!" Faye shouted happily as she opened her door. She moved forward to hug me and iI wrapped my hands around her too.

"What happened?" the older woman asked, looking at that bandage on my head and the one on my hand.

"I chased down some assassin and he picked up a good fight," I said and she sighed, waving me inside.

"I hate that you get hurt on these things," she said settling down on one of her couches and pushing me to sit with her. "You shouldn't be out there at all."

"Yes I should. I'm useful," I simply said making Faye sigh.

"Well did you at least learn something?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Vittore didn't get the answers he wanted but I think he found a loop hole around it, he hasn't told me his plan yet."

"Oh ok. I guess that's good enough," Faye murmured running her hands over the green sun dress she was wearing.

"Where are you off to?" I asked then noticing how she had on make up and everything. I was in some simple black jeans and a light grey long sleeved shirt, sporting white Jordans.

"I was just going to take a walk around the recreational part of this building," Faye answered standing up.

"This building has a recreational area?" I asked confused.

"Yes. Many in-fact. I'll take you to my favourite one. Come on," the older woman persuaded and I stood up, following her to the door because I had nothing better to do anyways.

We got in the elevator and she set it to the top floor.

"Matteo inherited this building from his father and reinvented it a bit," Faye started and the elevators opened to the roof. I stepped out and I was in slight awe. "This, of all the things he did was my favourite."

The place looked like a park. Cobblestone pathways cut through neatly cut grass and flower bushes to different gazebos or just chilling areas. There were people around, talking and laughing, some looking over the rail at the impressive view down below. The sun was high in the sky, casting its rays down and heating the place up but in a good way.

"Woah," I said under my breath.

"I know," Faye said with a smirk. "There's more."

I followed Faye down the cobblestone path, people waving and greeting her with smiles. It was like walking next to Princess Diana or something.

Faye stopped at one gazebo that actually resembled some kind of mini bar. There was a guy with dirty blond hair working there and when we sat down on the high stools under the shade of its simple roof, he turned around, a smile gracing his face.

"Faye! I haven't seen you in a long time," the blond said in a strong Australian accent.

"Joey," Faye greeted with a smile. "Its nice to see you again."

Joey chuckled and his honey brown eyes moved over to me. "Who' the beauty?" he asked giving me a warm smile that I retuned.

"Oh this is Dalia. Hopefully my future daughter-in-law."

"What?" I asked Faye, not hearing what she'd said after my name because she had whispered it under my breath.

"Oh nothing dear. Joey, do you mind getting us two orange juices," Faye asked and Joey nodded, turning away from us. "I did some reading about iron deficiency anaemia while you were gone and how to help as much as I can."

I looked at Faye who had such determination in her voice. "You did?"

"Yep and don't worry. I was making a whole meal diet for you to get back on track with things," she added not knowing how my heart was squeezing at the gesture.