78

"Everyone's ready," Vittore whispered in my ear. I blinked and looked around.

We all were stationed just a few yards away from the summer home. It was along a private beach and we were just in the forest just behind the house. There were a few palm trees around, blowing in the soft ocean breeze. it was chilly out and the stars were bright in the night sky.

"Tesoro?"

"Yeah yeah I uh... I heard you. We should move in then," I cleared my throat. "Anything we can work on?"

Vittore sighed, his eyes falling closed with the motion as he rubbed his temples. "I think you should stay back."

"What?! No! How could you even say that," I said with a frown.

"Because this is a little personal for you."

"And you think it isn't for you or are we going to pretend like the fucking sod didn't kill Faye," I stated. I knew my comment hit home but so did his.

"You're unstable."

"As if you've always been a fucking mountain."

"You'll compromise the mission."

"You'll compromise it if I stay here. I'm the only one who knows the layout of the place. Otherwise, you go in blind."

"Carter can get us satellite visulas."

"And how long is that going to take? You think it's faster than someone who spend most of her summer here."

"Goddammit! I'm trying to fucking protect you tesoro!" Vittore suddenly snapped.

"And I don't need protecting! I can take care of myself. I always have!" I hissed, my tone final.

"This is a life or death situation not some way for you to redeem yourself or show that you can handle shit," Vittore said coldly.

"You think I don't know that! I do! I know that we might die in there but I'd rather die knowing I went with you in there instead of being a coward and thinking of myself," I said, my voice breaking at the end. "I can't let you go in there alone ok. I just...."

Vittore reached out for me but I held his hand in mine. "I'm going."

"You don't have to dammit. You can be selfish if you want tesoro. This whole thing... it's affecting you more than it is me."

"But I care for you more than I'll ever care for myself so I'm going," I said, looking up into his dark eyes. "You're my kryptonite superman. Remember that."

Vittore stared at me for a while longer then placed his hand on my cheek, bringing our foreheads together. I closed my eyes and savoured the moment.

"You're diving head first into danger, knowing the risks and the odds of survival. You're putting yourself last and for what tesoro?" Vittore whispered and I smiled.

"Isn't it kinda obvious?"

Vittore sighed. "I refuse to believe you're doing all this for me."

"Well you better get your faith checked mister. It's you and me till the end got it?" I pulled back and looked at him. "Got it amore?"

"Sì."

Vittore leaned down and kissed me, his tattooed hand going around my throat to pull me closer. I opened up for him and his tongue snaked between my lips and did all the exploring he wanted. My hands went to his black t-shirt, gripping onto the material.

"Aren't we supposed to be shooting people right now?" I asked breathlessly, pulling away.

"Just one more," Vittore said huskily, pulling me back to him, his other hand snaking down my back and pulling me closer by pushing at my lower back. Our hips met and I could tell how much he wanted me by what was poking at my stomach.

"Vittore," I quietly moaned, trying to pull away. "We have to... have to stop."

"You sure?" Vittore asked biting my bottom lip, the pain traveling through my body to my core. The hand around my throat tightened and my head was tilted backwards. Vittore used the new position to kiss me deeper.

After a while, he pulled back, the both fo us out of breath.

"We should really get going," he whispered and I nodded, licking my lips. Vittore leaned down to peck them one more time.

When I looked at him, he was biting the of his lower lip as he stared down at me.

"When this is over, I'm going to destroy you in so many ways tesroro. I'd love to hear you moan my name again."

I fought the urge to fan myself and instead stepped back, clearing my throat.

"We should get to the others," I said quickly and turned away with him on my heels.

I went straight for Carter who was typing away on a laptop on the hood of one of our jeeps.

"What's the security like?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Completely crappy. It seems like our guy is laxed. I've counted about twenty guards on house grounds, six on the outside and twelve stationed snipers."

"And that's crappy?" I asked and he chuckled.

"I've seen better. Anyways, the snipers have been taken care of and we have our own stationed at those points. Everyone has an earpiece and... we're good to move in boss."

"Boss?" I asked with a snort. "I could get used to that."

"Well you better. Ready when the signal is given."

With that, Carter smiled, closing his laptop and walking away. I watched him go, wondering if he thought about his position at The Golden Cage. I sure hoped so. I was serious when I gave it to him.

"Ready?" Vittore asked from behind me. When I turned, he held a flashlight out to me. I pulled a gun from my hip and nodded.

"Let's go."

I walked over to the team we were station with, everyone geared up. Slowly, we creeped closer to my old summer home. The men and women of the team moved forward first, spreading out in a line and advancing. The house could be seen now, the white painted walls and brought orange lights inside and on the lawn.

I turned the flashlight on and flashed it on a far rock in morse code.

.- - - .- -.-. -.-

Attack.

Shots rung through the air.