Chap. 24: Clash with Teikoku! Pt. 2

"Hm hm hm♪" I hummed while kicking the ball like those skilled people.

"Since when did she learn how to do that?" Max(Matsuno) said.

"Why ask me?" Goenji answered.

"DANCHOU!!" I yelled and kicked the ball unexpectedly. But what was more unexpecting was that Endou didn't catch it.

I couldn't see what happened inside him, because Satori's regular ability only lets us see the regular thoughts like what the person can easily answer. If I want to see more, I'll need to use the Spellcard Souki {TerribleSouvenir}(想起「テリブルスーヴニール」) and show the person's trauma to see the deep consciousness.

I didn't want to see his trauma, just to see what he saw a few minutes or so, before warm-ups.

The easiest way he might spit it out is...

I grabbed Danchou's shoulder, jerking him, and asked, "What. Happened. A few. Minutes. Ago?"

He answered, pretty weakly, "Ask Hibiki-Kantoku," and left.

"...So, what happened?" I turned around to see Hibiki-san.

"...I might need to explain to you in private..." He said.

"...Please spit it out after the first half," I said, "I'll do anything to keep my comrades as safe as possible. Even if it means becoming an unknown one."

"...You have determination in weird things..."

"..."

I felt the time change when a cup (see picture below↓) fell into my hands. I looked at the substance in it, then to the stand (is that what you call those places where the audiences sit?).

(Like this, but the color is white and a little smaller)

I saw the whole Koumakan residence waving at us. I waved back while drinking the substance, which was orange juice. (No, not a Hajimeme reference).

[A/N: Time skip until when the bolts came down cause I feel like this is gonna get long]

I stood there calculating some dangers and the trap behind whatever this was, and how to find it without gaining suspicion. I mean, I almost got shot...why wouldn't I be scared that I might expose myself as undead? Moreover, an ability user?

This was a match against power and promise, secret and detect.

I curled my lips into a small smile. I'm glad I didn't have the power to detect the future...this will be a cloudy and endless night...