Chap. 22: Youkais get sick too

A/N: I sadly couldn't find episodes 10 and 11, having no idea what happened, so this will be a little original episode.

This is set about two days and a half after the semi-finals.

"This is unpleasant..." I said as I lay in a bed at Eientei.

"Well, at least the medicine (see chap. 17) worked properly..." Erin-san said, putting a wet cloth on my head.

"I shouldn't have fallen in the riverbank to save that ball..."

"Take a good rest until your finals, okay?"

"Uuuuuuhhh..." I moaned and fell asleep.

Yukari's POV:

Today was another day of work in the outer world (to be unsuspected) but Hime got sick this morning, so she is currently resting at Eientei.

"Excuse me?" a boy with an orange bandana asked me, "Are you Hime-san's parent?"

"...I'm not her parent, but I am her guardian," I answered, "you must be a teammate of Hime, right?"

"Yeah. I was wondering where she was."

"She's sick and grumpy for some reason" I half lied. She was sick, but she wasn't grumpy (or I think so).

"Ok...good to know!" He left.

"...Phew, that was dangerous..." I left for work.

Back with Hime

I was in the world of dreams, where Doremy Sweet lives and controls, but I didn't feel like standing up because of the sickness.

"Oh my, is a Youkai sick today?" Doremy came up and stared down at me.

"Ima mere human Doremy..." I argued weakly.

"Well...I consider you as one"

"But I'm not a Youkai"

"Says the one who passed Muenzuka safely two times"

"And both times I felt like dying."

"But you're undead"

"I am, but even so, I felt my existence dying."

"Ouch..."

We talked about a lot of weird, boring, and random stuff until I woke up to drink medicine for my sickness.

"Why does sickness have to be so...boring and evil..."

"...You really are a kid, huh?" Erin-san said.

"The fact I can't deny that reality anymore..." I slowly cried.

"...I hope she becomes well..." I heard some fairies out the window.