Chapter 1

Emily's POV

Today was the day I was finally headed for the recording studio. My entire life I've waited for this moment and now it was finally happening!

Hi, I'm Emily and I'm 16. A while ago, I posted youtube videos of me singing covers and a few of my own as well. One day, the recording contract manager of Hollywood Records came across my videos and wanted to meet with me. We had a discussion and, of course, my parents were there, and he ended up signing me.

Right now, I was headed for the recording studio to start my career. Since I've dreamed of this moment as long as I can remember, it was very important to me.

Since you don't know a ton about me, I'll introduce myself a bit more to you. I'm a complete fangirl. I'm constantly obsessing over a band called R5. They are honestly my life. They also got signed by Hollywood Records so its even cooler that I got signed to that recording contract.

I've been to a few of their concerts and they were the best nights of my life. None of them have really noticed me before, like, really wanted to talk to me but I'm still dreaming of that day.

If I had to choose a favorite, it would be Ross. No, not because he's in Austin and Ally but because he's just got that one thing about him that makes my heart skip a beat.

Anyway, back to the present, I finally arrived at the studio and my heart was pounding very hard. Its not that I'm nervous about performing or anything but it was a huge recording studio in L.A. It was a pretty big step from my basement.

"Ahh, there you are Emily." The man who signed me greeted me. FYI his name is Alex Bouter, but I call him Alex.

"Hey Alex." I smiled and we shook hands, my other hand occupied by my guitar.

"Did you come by yourself?" He asked me.

"Oh, yeah my parents were busy so I drove my car." I replied.

"Ok, that's fine. They don't have to be here. Shall we go?" He asked, gesturing with his hand towards the room and I started walking in that direction.

When we entered the room I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

When you first walk in, you see the table with all the recording gadgets that has at least a million switches and buttons on it that would take me years to figure out.

The carpet was a boring blue color but the walls were a glossy brown that looked like they were polished every day.

The mic on the other side of the window was a crisp black that seemed like it was just waiting for me to sing my heart out into it.

"Like what you see?" Alex asked me as I was examining the room.

"Definitely." I said in a daze.

"Alright, let's get started. Do you know what song you want to record first?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I was thinking Blond by Bridgit Mendler." I smiled.

"Perfect!" He exclaimed and I made my way to the other side of the window.

Since I'm only a break out artist, I'm starting with covers and will slowly move into my original songs.

"Whenever you're ready." He told me as I sat down with my guitar in hand.

I noticed that behind him there was a window. I found this cool yet creepy. Cool because I could have something to focus on when I was recording but creepy because now people could see me when I was recording.

"Don't worry, almost no one walks in the halls." Alex reassured me when he saw me looking at the window uneasily.

"Ok." I smiled, trying to calm myself down.