Chapter 28

Ross's POV

The concert was going great so far! Emily just got done with her opening act and the crowd went wild for her. Next, it was our turn, and we were doing great.

Before I knew it, it was time for Emily and my duet. Here we go.

"We have a special treat for you," Riker started, "Ross and Emily are going to do a duet together." The crowd screamed. "Ross, do you want to tell them what song?"

"A Thousand Years." I replied and the audience aww'd. "Come on out here Em!" I exclaimed and she walked on the stage.

She looked beautiful with the stage lights shining on her. The way her blond hair glowed with the light and the way her eyes lit up when she walked on stage made me melt inside. How was I suppose to get through a whole song with her looking like that?

"Heart beats fast, colors and promises," Emily started to sing her part. She smiled at the crowd and I swear I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

All of a sudden, it was my turn to sing with her. I almost forgot because I was so mesmerized by her beauty.

"One step closer," We sang in unison and the crowd cheered. "I have died everyday waiting for you," We sang the rest of the chorus together. She turned to me halfway through, just like we rehearsed and I winked at her.

"Time stands still, beauty in all she is," I sang, and I meant every word. When I looked at her, it seemed like everything around us stopped and we were the only two people in the world.

I need to tell her. I need to tell her that I love her.

"One step closer," We sang together and started to sing the chorus.

After we sang 'one step closer' again, we started to walk closer together.

"...And all along I believed I would find you," We were at the last part of the final chorus. We were sharing her mic while I strummed my guitar. Our foreheads were about two inches apart and I could feel her cool breath against my face. "I'll love you for a thousand more." We sang the last line and the audience cheered, but we were still just as close. I leaned in and kissed her lips softly. The audience screamed even louder.

"Wasn't that amazing?!" Riker exclaimed, clapping.

Emily smiled at the ground and waved to the crowd as she walked off the stage.

Rocky started to play the cords to the song 'Heard It On The Radio.' I can't wait to see her after the show.

Emily's POV

Did that really just happen?! I couldn't even believe I just did that. It was the most amazing moment of my life and I can't believe I get to do that every night of this tour.

When I walked off the stage, I saw Ryland leaning against the wall.

"Great job!" He exclaimed, giving me a quick hug.

"Thanks!" I replied.

"You and Ross really had some chemistry out there." He winked at me and before I could respond, he was getting something else ready for R5.

The rest of the concert, I was leaning against the wall, smiling to myself and replaying the song over and over in my head.

"Hey!" Out of nowhere, Ross was in front of me.

"Oh, hey!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head in my neck.

"What were you thinking about?" He winked at me.