Chapter 11

Emily's POV

We recorded three songs today which was pretty productive.

The first one we did was Love Will Tell Us Where To Go by Bridgit Mendler which was supposed to show the more mysterious side of me. Then, we did Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson but changed it up so I could sing all of it. Finally, we did A Place In This World by Taylor Swift which basically described my dream and how I'm trying to find who I am.

"Remember, you have a meet and greet with R5 today and at seven I have a dinner planned with some very important people I want you to meet." Alex said, going through some papers when I walked over to the other side of the window.

"What important people?" I asked. I'm already signed, what more could happen?

"Well, they just want to meet you. I mean, yes, as of right now you are focusing on your singing career but they also want to see your acting skills." Alex said.

"What? Acting? Where did they get that idea?" I asked. Its not that I'm bad at acting but I never really saw it as part of my career.

"They just want to see since most singers could be actors. Like, when you're singing a song, you get into a different mind set and personality, which is almost like acting. Its not that big of a deal but they just want to get to know you. Don't worry about it." Alex shrugged as if everyday he has this kind of situation.

"Ok, if you say so." I looked at the ground, unsure of this.

I didn't have anything against acting. In fact, it would be incredible to be a singer and an actress, but I wasn't sure I liked Alex making these decisions for me. I guess that's just part of his job so I let it go.

"So, we're done for the day. Just make sure you get to the meet and greet on time. Here's the address." He wrote the address down on a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Thanks, I won't be late." I smiled. I stuck the paper in my pocket and when I walked outside to look for my car, I remembered I didn't have it. I guess I better call Rydel, I thought to myself and called her number.

Hey! This is Rydel. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now but leave a message after the beep!!

Great. Who else would I call? I guess I could try Riker.

Yo! Sorry I'm not here but you know what to do!

Really?! No one?! My last resort was Ross and I was praying that he had his phone on.

-phone ringing-

"Hello?" He answered. Yes!

"Hey Ross! Its Emily." I said.

"Hey Em!" He sounded just as excited, which made me smile. "What's up?"

"Well, I just got done recording and I totally forgot my car wasn't here, so-" I started but he cut me off.

"I can give you a ride." He said quickly.

"Really? That would be great. Thanks." I said in relief.

I guess I could've asked Alex for a ride but I wasn't in the mood to do that.

"Sweet. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He said.

"Alright, see you then." I replied and then hung up the phone.

Sure enough, within fifteen minutes Ross pulled into the parking lot.

"Hey, thanks for giving me a ride." I thanked him as I climbed into the passenger seat of his car.