Chapter 10

Emily's POV

Phew, that was close.

I woke up the next morning to find that Rydel wasn't there. She must be in the living room, I thought to myself.

I decided to make an effort and get out of my homemade bed which, surprisingly, was quite comfortable.

I walked out to the living room to find Riker, Rocky, and Rydel talking and once I entered the room, everyone got quiet. Rydel turned around to face me and had a guilty look on her face. She didn't tell them, did she?

"Um, hey guys." I said, very confused.

"Hey Em! You look lovely this morning." Rydel smiled at me and walked over to my side. 

"Considering I just got out of bed, I doubt it." I laughed and she laughed too. Although, it seemed more forced then real.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Riker asked me.

"I don't know. It doesn't really matter." I shrugged and took a seat on the couch.

To be honest, I wasn't even that hungry. I just wasn't in the mood.

In the middle of the night last night, when Rydel was sound asleep, I decided to go on twitter and see if the hate on Rossily had died down. Sure enough, I was wrong.

It seemed like all the comments sent towards me were getting worse. Rossily hasn't even really taken off yet and if it does, imagine what will happen then.

"To be honest, I'm not even that hungry." I told Riker.

"Really? Are you sure?" He asked me with a worried tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said. "Are you ok?" I asked, standing up from the couch.

"Well, yeah, I mean, why wouldn't I be? There's nothing going on that I wouldn't be ok with." Riker said nervously and Rocky kicked his leg.

"Somehow I don't believe you." I raised my eyebrows.

"Ok, I caved." Rydel said, looking at the ground.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, but they kept bugging me about it. They only want what's best for you, I promise." She said and I knew she meant it.

"I guess." I sighed. "Just promise me you won't tell Ross." I pleaded.

"Don't worry, I won't." She smiled.

"Thank you." I said. "Crap. What time is it?!" I asked, frantically looking around for a clock.

"Ten." Riker said.

"What?! I have to go." I said. I ran to Rydel's room, quickly changed, packed up all of my stuff, and went back into the living room with my bag.

"Where are you going?" Riker asked.

"I promised Alex I would do an early recording session with him in half an hour. You know, so we can get a jump start." I said.

"Oh, ok." Rydel said. "Do you need a ride?"

"That would be great." I smiled. "Tell Ross that I'm sorry for having to leave early and that I'll miss him." I told Riker.

"Will do." He winked at me with a smirk on his face.

I gave Riker and Rocky a hug goodbye and to be honest, they give incredible hugs. Then, Rydel and I made our way to her car and we were off.

Ross's POV

I woke up the next morning, at first, feeling the usual, but then when I realized that Emily was here, a huge smile crossed my face.

I quickly walked out the the living room and then frowned when I realized she wasn't there.

"Is Emily still sleeping?" I asked.

"No, she had to leave early. Something about an early recording session with Alex. Anyway, Rydel had to drive her so neither of them are here." Riker said.

"Oh." I frowned, very disappointed.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Emily wanted to tell you that she's sorry for having to leave early and that she'll miss you." Riker winked at me and I looked down, blushing slightly.

"Aw." I smiled.

"Yeah, you're lucky to have her." Riker said.

"Yeah, I am." I mumbled to myself and sat down on the couch.

I decided to text Emily, just for the heck of it.

To: Emily<3

Good morning Em(: I hope you have a great recording session..I miss you too ;) can't wait to see you again!!

Yeah, I'm lucky to have her.

Emily's POV

Just as Rydel dropped me off at Hollywood Records, my phone buzzed. It was from Ross.

From: Ross<3

Good morning Em(: I hope you have a great recording session..I miss you too ;) can't wait to see you again!!

Well that just made my entire day.

To: Ross<3

Good morning Ross(: I'm glad Riker told you what I told him..can't wait to see you!!

I must've reread that text a million times before I sent it to him. I didn't like it but figured it wasn't terrible.

"Emily! I'm so glad you made it." Alex greeted me with a huge smile.

"Hey Alex." I smiled back.

"Ready to get started?" He asked me.

"Yep." I smiled.

"You seem pretty happy." He told me as we walked to the recording room.

"Oh, yeah, Ross just texted me." I smiled at the ground.

"Oh." Was all Alex said. When I looked up to see his expression, he had a blank stare on.

"Are you ok?" I asked him.

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine." He isn't a great liar.

"What's wrong? Is it Ross?" I asked, now getting protective of Ross.

"Look, I just don't want you to lose focus on your and with your career. Don take it the wrong way but I'm not sure I like you guys together so early in your career. Nothing personal." He shrugged as if he says that to everyone.

"Are you serious?" I asked him. I was absolutely stunned.

"Sorry, but it's true. Just..be careful. Now, lets get back to recording." He said as I made my way to the other side of the window.

Even though I made it look like there wasn't anything wrong, everything was. How could this be happening?!

Luckily, I made it through the recordings fine. Alex never suspected a thing that I was upset by this and I wanted to keep it that way.

------------------------------------------------

A/N

I'm sorry this is short!! The next chapter will be long, don't worry(: #Rossily thanks for reading!