Chapter 16

Ross's POV

What's taking Rydel so long to pick Emily up? I've been waiting here for what seems like forever. Ok, it was only ten minutes but still. I needed to see her.

Finally, Rydel pulled up.

I quickly got up from the couch and made my way to the door.

"Well someone's desperate." Rocky teased me.

"Really? Does it seem that way?" I asked nervously.

"Dude, calm down, I was just messing with you." He said, but continued. "But, to be honest, maybe a little." He said slowly.

"I guess I'm just adjusting. I've never been this happy to be with someone before." I sighed.

"I know bro. Don't worry, she feels the same way." He nudged my shoulder and walked to his room.

When Emily opened the door, she looked slightly upset.

"Hey Em, how was the audition?" I asked, a bit of worry in my tone.

"If you really want to know, it wasn't great. I mean, its not like I don't like my character and all but it just doesn't seem like me. Almost like its forced upon me." She sighed.

"Well, it kind of is." Rydel said, putting her keys away.

"Wait, is this true?" I asked Emily.

"Yep. Alex made me try out. He wants me to be more out there but if I'm supposed to focus on my singing career as well, how am I going to make it work?" She asked.

"I think someone needs a hug." I gave her a half smile and held out my arms to her.

"I think someone does too." She said and wrapped her arms around my waist while I held her in a tight hug.

When I went to pull away, she didn't.

"Aw Em, are you ok?" I asked, kissing the top of her head.

"I don't even know anymore." She sighed, burying her head in my chest.

"Come on, let's move to the couch." I whispered and we walked towards the couch.

I sat down next to her and held her hand.

"I'll just leave you two alone." Rydel winked at me and made her way to her room.

"Ok, now tell me everything." I said.

"Here it goes." She sighed. "When I first got there, I met the wardrobe girl Melissa and she told me everything about the show. Then, I changed into my character's clothes for the audition and then, I met Trevor." She said that last part slowly.

"Who's Trevor?" I asked, feeling a bit protective.

"He's the guy playing Tyler who, apparently, I end up becoming a couple with. But don't worry, I definitely don't feel that way about him. Although, I have a feeling that Alex wants me too. He keeps telling me he sees sparks between us, but I just don't see that. I mean, he's a nice guy and all but, he's not you." She looked up at me.

"Ok, well, as long as he doesn't like you that way." I sighed with relief.

"Well.." She trailed off.

"Well what?" I asked.

"Before I left, he asked me out. Don't worry!" She said quickly. "I said no but I don't know he'll take that for an answer. I told him about you and even though he said you were lucky to have me, I could tell in his eyes that he had other plans." She looked at the ground.

"Well, I am lucky to have you." I said and she looked up at me.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really. Trust me, I'm never letting you go." I put my arm around her and kissed the top of her head.