Chapter 22

Ross's POV

What was he doing here?! He can't be part of Emily's set crew. He just can't.

That meant he was going on tour with her. That meant he could talk to her more. That meant they would spend more time together than Emily and I.

Ok, maybe I'm overreacting, but if you think about it, its true. The set crew of a performer are always with the artist. They're always helping them, setting up with them, and talking with them. The band who is on tour with that performer doesn't get as much of that. I mean, yes, we were going to hang out outside of the tour, but still. This tour was only a few weeks long, and then what? What was Emily going to do after this?

"Ross, I swear I had no idea he was part of my set crew." Emily told me quickly.

"Its ok, I don't blame you. Since Alex didn't pick them, I can't blame him either." I sighed.

"Look, its only for the tour. Yeah, I still have the show, but not during the tour since that would be impossible. Everything is going to be ok." She reassured me in her beautiful soft voice.

"Ok, that helps." I gave a small smile.

"Good." She returned the smile.

"Emily! Come on, we need to get a few things ready with your crew." Alex called her over.

"Coming!" She called back. "I'll talk to you before rehearsals, I promise." She said slowly and walked over to Alex.

"Wow, this is ironic." Riker said, walking over to me.

"Tell me about it." I said in a disgusted voice.

"Don't worry dude, she'll be alright. Trust me, if Trevor tries to do anything, and I mean anything to Emily, your big bro will come to the rescue." He smiled proudly.

"Thanks." I gave a small laugh.

"No problem. Besides, Emily is totally devoted to you. She isn't going to throw that away on some Trevor guy she doesn't even like. At least Alex is on your side now." He patted me on the shoulder and walked over to the others.

That reminded me. Emily and I still have our song to sing. In front of everyone. In front of Trevor. It might sound mean but it definitely made me smile. That will show him that Emily's all mine.

Emily's POV

I felt so bad for Ross. Luckily, we still had the song so it wasn't a total loss that Trevor was here.

When I walked over, Trevor's face lit up. Great.

"Hey Emily." He smiled at me.

"Hey Trevor." I replied, returning the smile but not as brightly.

"Since they have name tags, I'm assuming you know who's who." Alex said.

"Yep." I replied.

"Great. Now, we have a few things to discuss. Well, more just the crew. I'm going to go help R5 with their set up really quick since we changed a few things around so you're on your own for now. Have fun!" He exclaimed and walked over the R5.

"Looks like its up to us. Ok, so I have most of it figured out.." Brad started, laying out his plan on the floor. "We set this up here and then change out this guitar.." He kept talking but it was more towards the rest of the crew, since I wasn't going to be doing too much setup.

"That seems pretty simple." Justin said.

"Yeah, we got this." Austin replied.

"That was what I was going for. Alright, let's get started since Emily is the first the rehearse." Brad said and we got to work.