Chapter 26

Emily's POV

I heard the crowd cheering from backstage. My heart was racing. Adrenaline was in the air. I took my first step and was out onstage. I strummed my guitar to the first song and I felt like I belonged there.

"Everyone has that special place..." I started my first song Dark Blue Diamond Sky (A/N: this is an actual original) and I played off the audience's energy.

After I finished that first one, I felt comfortable.

"How are you guys doing tonight?" I asked and everyone screamed. "Is anyone here to see R5?" I winked and they all screamed again. "I thought so." I laughed to myself.

"We're here to see you!" I heard some girls scream.

"Aw, thank you." I smiled at the,. "That really means a lot."

I played a few more songs, most of them were covers, and after I finished singing Blonde by Bridgit Mendler, I only had one song left.

"So, this is my last song." I said.

"Awwww!" Everyone exclaimed.

"I know, but I've had a lot of fun. Remember, I'll be available after the show to meet you guys and take pictures with you so make sure you come back to say hi because I want to meet every single one of you." I pointed to the audience and they cheered.

"I love Rossily!" Someone shouted and everyone screamed.

I blushed slightly and smiled at the ground while everyone aww'd.

"So, anyway, this last song is kind of personal. I can relate to it myself and I hope you guys can too. This is called Be Who You Are." (A/N: my other original) "Just take my hand.." I started to sing while plucking the strings of my guitar.

That entire time I was onstage I felt so alive. It was as if I was meant to be on that stage and perform just like I was doing. It was an incredible feeling.

When I strummed the last note, the audience cheered.

"Thanks guys!" I waved to them and walked off stage.

"You were incredible!" Ross exclaimed and gave me a huge hug.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Great job Emily. You really worked well with the audience!" Rydel smiled and pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I was nervous for nothing." I said.

"Emily, can you help me bring out some cables for R5?" Ryland asked me and I followed him onto the stage.

When Ryland walked out, a few girls screamed his name and when I followed behind, some other girls screamed my name. I waved to them and they screamed which made me smile.

I set the cables down next to him and turned around to walk backstage again.

"We love you Emily!" I heard some girls shout as I walked off the stage.

"Love you too!" I called from over my shoulder.

"Well look at miss popular." Rocky teased.

"Hey, I can't help it if people love me." I gave a small laugh.

Within twenty minutes, R5 was ready to go onstage.

"Good luck!" I said to them as they got ready to go on.

"Thanks Em." Ross smiled and gave me a hug before walking onstage.

"How are you guys feeling?!" Riker exclaimed and the crowd went wild.