Chapter 20

Ross's POV

Ten minutes later, after I got home, I checked my phone to find a text from Emily.

From: Emily<3

hey love, i know you're driving so im not expecting a text from you right away but i just wanted to let you know that im so happy to have you in my life and im not going to let a few mean comments come between us <3 i cant wait for the tour!!!

She was honestly the best girlfriend I could ever have.

Just as I was about to text her back, my mom approached me.

"Ross, its Alex." She said, looking worried. Which was strange since Alex was our manager as well.

"Um, ok. Let me talk to him."  I said, confused by her expression. She handed me the phone and Alex began talking.

"Ross? Hi, its me, Alex. I just wanted to see how things were going with Emily." He said casually.

"Things are going great." I smiled to myself, but that quickly went away when I heard him sigh. "What's wrong?"

"Well, its just that I don't necessarily like you two together." He said slowly.

"Why not?" I asked, starting to get upset.

"Its not that you two aren't cute together, but I just want Emily to focus on her tour." He said.

"Well then why did you make her do the show?" I was getting very protective of her now.

"Because I want her publicity to grow. If she's on TV, then more people will become her fan." He replied.

"What about that Trevor guy?" I cringed at the name.

"Oh, well.." Alex trailed off. "If Emily ended up with him, then her publicity will grow even more since he's a known actor and then she'll grow as an artist. It would all workout for her." He seemed very pleased with his decision, but I definitely wasn't.

"Are you kidding me? What about us. Emily and I really care about each other." I said, now very upset.

"I know you do, but here me out. If you guys break up, Emily will go with Trevor, she'll be popular, have fun on tour, and happily ever after." He replied quickly.

"No, that won't happen. She's already getting hate because you posted their kiss on twitter and people are now having second thoughts about Rossily." After I said that last part, I wish I didn't.

"Well then that's perfect! I mean, not the hate part, but the Rossily thing. People won't be mad at her anymore because then you would be single. As long as you don't act hurt by it and pretend it was a mutual thing, everything will work out!" He exclaimed.

"Not in a million years." I said firmly.

"But Ross-" He started but I cut him off.

"Look Alex, I'm glad you are trying to help Emily, but this is not the way. I'm not saying you're a bad manager but you aren't the best matchmaker. I really care about Emily. She's honestly everything to me and if you can't see that, oh well. I would never let anything come between us and that's final. She is my whole world and without her, I don't know what I would do. I'm sorry but I can't go through with this. Goodbye." I hung up the phone and took a deep breath.

"Wow. Deep bro." Rocky said.

"Thanks." I said plainly.

"Seriously though, I've never seen you stick up for a girl that much before." He said with a serious expression.