Chapter 14

Ross's POV

Today was the day! I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so excited to give Emily the perfect day. She definitely deserved it after all that's happened.

To: Emily

Hey Em! Just wanted to make sure you knew what day it was ;) ill be there in half an hour!

I know she was probably all ready to go but I wanted to make sure she was definitely ready when I got there so it wouldn't be awkward. Even if she wasn't ready when I got there, I wouldn't mind waiting for her. It would definitely be worth it.

From: Emily

Hey Ross! I know what day it is, trust me ;) ive actually been up since 8 am...cant wait!!

Since 8? She's been up since 8?! This was incredible!

I quickly ate some breakfast and got dressed before heading out.

I was in the bathroom, putting on a button up black shirt that I had. I looked in the mirror as I buttoned it up and kept rehearsing what I was going to say to Emily when I opened the door.

"Hey Em, what's up? No, that sound stupid." I mumbled. "Hey there gorgeous. What is that? Definitely not what I'll say. How about-" I started but Riker walked right in without even knocking.

"Hey dude, when you're done talking to yourself, I need the bathroom." He teased me.

"Wow, thanks for knocking." I said sarcastically.

"You're welcome! What are you even saying?" He asked.

"Well, I was practicing on what to say to Emily when she opens her door." I said, not looking at him. Saying it out loud, it sounded pathetic.

"Aw, that's sweet." He winked.

"I'm just not sure what to say." I sighed.

"First, lean on your hand which would be leaned against the door frame. When she opens the door, say 'Woah, I didn't know I was picking up a model' and then wink at her." He suggested.

"Do you want to do this for me? You seem to know what you're doing." I joked.

"Calm down, you got this. Why are you so nervous anyway?" he asked, leaning against the door frame.

"Well, I guess I just want everything to be perfect. I want her to never forget today." I smiled.

"Just be yourself and she'll never forget. I promise. Now get out of here!" He exclaimed.

"I'm going." I said and walked out.

When I pulled up to Emily's house, I took a deep breath and got out of the car.

I made sure I had everything. The picnic basket, the ticket to rent a canoe, and the directions to get to the place where they shoot off fireworks. Yep, that was the last event I decided to do.

I slowly walked up to her door and did what Riker said. I rang her doorbell and leaned my hand up against her door frame.

"Coming!" She called and opened the door. She was stunning.

She wore a simple blue blouse and white skinny jeans with brown strappy sandals.

"Woah, I didn't realize I was picking up a model." I winked at her. Nailed it, I thought to myself.

"Oh stop." She laughed.

"Shall we?" I asked and held her hand as we walked to my car.

I opened the door for her and she climbed in. I walked over to my side and got in.