Chapter 34

Ross's POV

That night, I left for Boston around nine. Everything was set to go and I was definitely ready to see Emily.

I hugged everyone goodbye at the airport and boarded the plane. I took a deep breath and thought to myself, this is it.

The "Please Fasten Your Seat Belts" sign came on and I followed orders. The plane started moving and took off into the air. Here we go.

At about eleven, after I fell asleep, I felt my phone vibrate. I couldn't believe who it was from.

From: Emily<3

hey ross, so i understand if you'll completely ignore this text, especially after how i treated you, but please, hear me out...so i still dont forgive you for how you treated me but i will say this...i miss you, like crazy..i want you as my best friend again, when we would mess around with each other..if i do see you again before six months, i want us to stay friends, ok?

So, this text was good and bad:

1) Emily misses me!

2) She wants to stay friends.

How could she just want to stay friends? What am I going to say to her now? I was going to Boston to apologize to her and beg her to come back to me, not beg for us to just be friends.

So, what did I do? I texted her back the most idiotic response ever.

To: Emily<3

If you want to stay friends, thats cool with me

That text was a total lie, but what was I supposed to say? I miss you like crazy too but I don't want to stay just friends because I'm completely and totally in love with you.

That's exactly what was going through my mind but I knew that if I said that over text, it wouldn't be right. This was something I had to tell her in person.

Surprisingly, she texted me back.

From: Emily<3

im glad you understand...i have to go..goodnight

To: Emily<3

goodnight

I almost said "goodnight love" but changed it right before I sent it. That would've been a bit awkward.

I got comfortable in my seat, or as comfortable as you can get on a plane, and fell asleep thinking of Emily.

Emily's POV

I kept staring at the conversation Ross and I just had. Lame, I know, but still. I couldn't get him out of my mind.

Everything I said was true. I missed having him there for me as my best friend. He was always the one I could tease and have fun with. I feel like once we start hanging out again, it would just be better for both of us if we stayed friends. It would be less drama and, hopefully, neither of us would get hate.

After he texted me back, I laid down in my comfy hotel bed and fell asleep almost instantly, thinking of Ross.

That morning, I got up around five to get ready for the first concert. I was going to play at least three shows, the first one starting at noon, the second starting at three, and the third starting at six.

Luckily, each show was only an hour and a half so I would have time to eat and rest in between.

When I left my hotel room, I had to look up to remember what door number I had.

What Do I Have To Do: A Ross Lynch Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें