Chapter 13

Ross's POV

After we got home and unloaded everything in the house, I immediately took Rydel's car to Emily's house. I figured the dinner was already over and decided to go comfort her and find out what was going on.

It took about fifteen minutes to get to her house and when I saw her car parked in her driveway, I sighed with relief. I knew she was going to be there but there was still that worry that she might not have arrived yet.

I knocked on her door and I heard footsteps.

"Coming." She said and when she opened the door, her eyes were red as if she was just crying, and I knew she was.

"Oh my gosh Em come here." I said and wrapped her in a tight hug, never wanting to let her go.

At first, she didn't make any sounds, but then I heard her start to cry.

"Come on, let's go inside." I suggested and closed the door behind us.

We sat down on the couch and as I put my arm around her, she nuzzled up close to my chest. I saw a blanket that was nearby and wrapped it around us.

I kissed the top of her head and leaned close to her.

"Emily," I whispered, "Please tell me what's wrong. I can't see you this hurt."

She cried a little more and looked up at me.

"I don't think I can." She looked at me with sad eyes.

"Of course you can love, I'm here for you." I gave a small smile.

"I know. I know I can trust you but I don't want you to worry about me." She said, now looking at the ground but still leaning on my chest.

"Well, right now I am worrying about you." I laughed a little and she did too.

"I know, and you deserve to know." She sighed.

"Tell me. You can trust me." I pleaded.

"Ok, well, here it goes." She took a big breath and told me everything. "Ever since Rossily had started, I've been getting horrendous comments. At first, it wasn't so bad because not as many people knew about it. Except, as time went on, its been getting worse. Its gotten so bad that I haven't been on twitter in days. That girl at the signing is the worst of them. I recognized her by her icon and she's the one who sends me the most hate. The only reason I didn't tell you right as the comments started happening was because you were so happy and glad that I was yours that I didn't want to ruin that for you. Please don't be mad at me." She said and moved in closer to me so I could feel her breath on my neck which gave me chills.

"Oh Emily, I would never be mad at you." I whispered to her and kissed her cheek. "I can't believe this. Why would R5 family be hating on you? I mean, you're perfect." I was more talking out loud than to her.

"Oh, you're just saying that." Emily smiled a bit.

"No, I'm really not. Look, I'm going to set them straight. Don't worry, you won't have anymore hate coming your way." I said proudly.

"Oh Ross, please don't." She begged. What?

"Why don't you want me to?" I asked, very confused.

"Well, if you get really involved, they might hate on me more and blame me for what you're saying. Please, don't go too far. They are your fans anyway and I can't blame them for saying some of the things they have. They just want what's best for you." She said and, I have to admit, she's right.

"Ok, I promise." I said and kissed the top of her head softly.

No matter how bad I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't happy with the comments toward Emily, I knew I needed to stay loyal to her. After all, maybe she knew what was best.