Chapter 17

Rocky's POV

Dinner was delicious and I'm pretty sure everyone could agree with me.

After dinner, I went to my room and just hung out and listened to music. Then, unexpectedly, Ross came in.

"Hey Rocky." Ross said.

"Hey dude, what's up?" I asked him.

"Well, something, actually. Did you really make a video about stoping the hate towards Emily?" He asked, a smile creeping onto his face.

"Yeah, I did." I grinned. "You're welcome."

"Yeah, thanks." He said.

"Mhm." I replied, thinking this conversation was over. I was definitely wrong.

"You don't like her, do you?" He struggled to say.

No was my initial response, but when I thought about it, I wasn't really sure what to say.

"Well, certainly not in the way you do. I mean, why would I? That's totally against the bro code. I can't like Emily." I said and quickly spun around in my chair so I wasn't facing him.

"Um, ok. I was just wondering." He said and left the room.

Did I like Emily? I can't though. I mean, I was just doing a nice thing for her because I saw how hurt she was. Did that imply that liked her?

"Hey Riker! Can you come here a minute?" I called to him.

"Sure! Coming!" He called back and I heard his footsteps. "Hey, what's up?" He asked.

"First, shut the door." I said quickly.

"Um, ok." He slowly walked to the door and closed it. "What's wrong?" He now looked worried.

"I think I like Emily." I whispered loudly.

"You WHAT?!" He exclaimed.

"Shh!! Keep your voice down!" I exclaimed, quickly getting up from my chair and covering his mouth. "The whole house doesn't need to know."

"Is everything all right in there?" I heard our mom say from the other side of the door.

"Just peachy!" I called back. Peachy?

"Alright, just checking." Our mom replied and once I heard her walk away, I turned back to Riker.

"Dude, I'm freaking out." I said with a worried tone.

"I would be too! You can't like Emily! She's Ross's and that's totally against the bro code." He said.

"That's what I told Ross! He asked me if I liked Emily because, you know, I made that video for her and I said no but I was having second thoughts. I didn't think about it before but now that I am, I'm scared that I do." I paced back and forth across the room.

"First, breathe." Riker suggested and I took big breaths. "Ok, now think about why you would like Emily." He said slowly.

"Well, first off, her hair is beautiful. Her eyes sparkle in the sunlight. She has the cutest laugh. Her sense of humor is perfect. Oh, and her voice is incredible. Did I mention she's beautiful?" I started to smile throughout my reasons and when I caught myself, I quickly looked worried again.

"Woah, yeah you're falling for her." Riker nodded, looking very serious.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed, flopping on my bed.

"Should we tell Ross?" Riker asked me.

"No! Definitely not. As long as I keep it a secret, maybe I'll move on. Hopefully." I sighed.