Chapter 15

Rydel's POV

They are too cute! I can't believe how perfect they are.

Of course, after their little outing, I had to drag Emily to my room and make her tell me everything. Luckily, Ross didn't hold her back because I really wanted to know the details.

We made our way to my room and once I closed the door behind us, I turned to her, barely keeping my excitement inside.

"So, tell me everything." I begged.

She told me all about that day in very much detail, which was exactly what I wanted. It sounded like something that would happen in The Notebook and it was so cute.

"Aw, that's incredible!" I exclaimed once she finished describing her day.

"I know. I'm actually happy the rain came. Its not that I didn't want to see the fireworks, but it made the day a bit more special." She smiled.

"I definitely agree. So, now what?" I asked her.

"Not sure." She said and right after she did, her phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered. "Yeah. Really? I guess I never got the message. Ok, I'll be over there in no time. I promise. Ok, bye." She hung up the phone and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Apparently, Alex was trying to contact me all day. Remember that dinner I had to go to with the important people? Well, they want me to audition for this show called 'The Song Within Me.' It sounds pretty cool but I don't know how I'll fit it into my schedule. I mean, Alex wants me to focus on my music career but how am I supposed to do that with acting?" She seemed very upset by this.

"That sounds rough but look on the bright side. You'll have a music career and you'll be on tv! That's awesome." I smiled, trying to stay positive.

"I guess. Hey, can you give me a ride?" She asked.

"Isn't it funny how whenever you need to go somewhere, you're here and don't have your car?" I laughed.

"Yeah, it seems like a trend." She gave a small laugh.

"Come on, let's go." I started to get up and walk towards the door.

Emily's POV

Really? The audition just had to be today? I can't believe it. Its not like its my fault for not being on time anyway. I mean, Alex never told me what day the audition would be and I had my phone on silent since he said we didn't have anything scheduled for today. I just wasn't in the mood to go to this.

"Hey, where are you guys going?" Ross asked curiously.

"Apparently, the audition for this new show is today and I have to go. Alex was trying to contact me all day but I had my phone on silent. I'm really sorry I have to leave like this but its part of my life now." I sighed.

"Oh, its ok. I understand." Ross looked at the ground.

"I'll be back as soon as possible." I promised and then gave him a hug.

He kissed my cheek and smiled at me as I walked to the door.

"I'm assuming you'll need a ride back?" Rydel asked as we climbed into her car.

"That would be great." I smiled.

"Hey, do you want to stay for dinner tonight? I mean, you might as well." She suggested.

"Really? Ok, if you insist." I shrugged.

"I think Ross would love it." She winked at me.

"I think so too." I replied and we both giggled.