Chapter 7

Emily's POV

Oh my gosh, we're stuck. I can't believe Rydel's car broke down in the middle of the street. To be honest, it was actually pretty funny.

"Do you know what happened?" I asked Ross.

"I don't think I want to know." He laughed a little.

We both slowly turned around and saw smoke coming out the back. We slowly started to face each other and we were both holding in laughter. This would happen to us.

"Ok, I'm going to go see what's wrong. Stay here." He told me.

"Yeah, because I was definitely going to go run a mile." I teased him.

"Just stay here." He winked at me and walked around to the back of the car.

When he opened the back, more smoke started to come out of the trunk.

"Is it bad?" I called to him.

"Oh no, just a little scratch." He said sarcastically.

"Good!" I laughed.

"Ok, I think I know what happened. Here, try starting the car again." He called.

I nodded and started the car up. It revved up a few times and then finally started.

"Yes! Ok, now put it in drive and slowly press the gas." He said.

I climbed into the driver's seat and did as was told. The only problem was, it wouldn't start going. Everything else was fine but it just wouldn't go.

Ross came back and climbed into the driver's seat even though I was still sitting there.

"Oh wow, thank you for letting me move first." I said sarcastically.

"You're welcome." He smiled and I moved over but he held my arm.

"You might want to stay here. You know, in case I have to go back again." He looked into my eyes and I could tell it wasn't because he might have to go back again that he wanted me to stay there with him.

"Ok." I said and when he looked at the road, I smiled to myself.

We were so close together that I could feel his breath when he breathed evenly. I could tell he was stalling since he didn't start the car right away and we just sat there, enjoying the moment.

When he slowly pressed the gas, the car started to move.

"Yes!" I exclaimd.

"Finally! Maybe the car just doesn't like you." He winked at me.

"Right, that's it." I rolled my eyes playfully and moved back over to my spot.

As we drove down the road, I just looked out the window and enjoyed the beautiful night sky.

I wasn't paying attention when Ross rolled down my window from his side. It scared me and I jumped back a little.

"Calm down, its just a window." He laughed a little.

"Well, obviously, I didn't realize it was going to start moving." I told him.

"Obviously." He teased me.

I just laughed and leaned my head through the window, letting the wind blow through my golden hair.

"I can tell you're enjoying the ride." Ross smiled at me.

"I am. I never get to do this." I smiled back at him and leaned out the window again.

"Just a little note, your hair looks beautiful in the wind." He said, never letting his eyes leave the road.