Chapter 25

Ross's POV

There's only one week left until the concert!

-------

2 days!

-------

The concert is today!!!

I couldn't wait for tonight to happen. We've all been practicing so hard for this tour to finally start and now it actually is! The best part was the fact that Emily was our opening act.

I called her this morning to ask if she wanted a ride since it wasn't that far away and she would just meet her tour van at the venue and she said sure.

This was going to be great.

"Are you almost ready Ross?" I heard Ryland call from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back. "You guys can go ahead. I'm picking up Emily anyway." I said as I made my way towards them. I still had to get a few things ready.

"Ok, if you say so." He shrugged and they all walked out the door.

Since it was the first show of Emily's first ever tour, I got her a few things. Nothing major, but still enough for her to remember them. I bought her a bouquet of flowers, tulips to be exact (A/N: those actually are my favorite(: take notes Ross! ;) ), and a card saying congratulations for making it this far in her career.

I figured this stuff was important for this occasion.

I was all set and ready to go.

When I pulled into her driveway, I took a deep breath and brought my gifts up to her door. I rang the doorbell and waited for her to answer.

She walked out and looked absolutely gorgeous. She hadn't done her hair and makeup yet and I finally got to see the real her. She already had her outfit on and it really brought out her sea-blue eyes.

"Sorry, I probably look like an idiot without makeup on." She looked at the ground.

"No, you look beautiful." I smiled at her and when she looked up, a smile crept onto her face.

I gave her the gifts and she was totally shocked.

"Oh, Ross, you didn't have to get me anything." She smiled brightly.

"I know, but I knew you would love them." I replied.

I held her hand and we walked to my car. I could tell she was a bit more reserved than usual. She wasn't talking very much and she also wasn't in her usual excited, bubbly mood when I would pick her up.

"Are you ok?" I asked her as we both climbed into the car.

"What? Oh, yeah, I'm fine." She said, even though I could tell from her spacing out that she wasn't.

When I stopped at a red light, I put my hand on her knee and looked into her eyes.

"Emily, you're going to do great. You have absolutely nothing to worry about, I promise." I winked at her and she blushed slightly. Was this girl really mine? Sometimes, it seemed too good to be true.

"Thanks Ross." She smiled at me.

The light turned green and we started moving again, but I kept my hand on her knee. Something just felt right.

"There you guys are!" Ryland exclaimed. "Where have you been?" He pointed his finger at us as if he were our mom and then laughed.

"Sorry man, there was a long red light." I shrugged.

"Well, good thing you're here now. Emily, your crew is backstage working out some small things for your set up. They told me to tell you to meet them back there." He said to her.