Chapter 3

Rydel's POV

I knew exactly what Ross was trying to do. Obviously, he wanted to walk by Emily as we made our way to Panera, the place we decided on going.

Luckily, he wasn't as confident around Emily as I was so he didn't try as hard to stand by her. It was really funny to see him actually try. Emily didn't even notice which made it all the better.

We made our way past the building and were now in the open. Dang it. This meant Ross could make his way to the other side of Emily.

"So anyway, what's your favorite thing to do?" I asked Emily, trying to make small talk.

"Basically listen to music or watch R5 TV." She winked at that last part.

"Nice!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah you guys are- Ross, are you ok?" She giggled. Ross ended up tripping over a crack in the sidewalk trying to catch up to Emily.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm ok." He said, trying to play it cool.

"You sure?" She asked, still slightly laughing.

"Yep." He smiled.

"He was just trying to catch up to you so he can win you over." Riker said like it was no big deal until he realized that Emily didn't know about Ross's feelings.

"What?" She looked very confused.

"Oh, nothing. Just teasing Ross." Riker nudged Ross and laughed nervously.

"Oh, ok." She said, shrugging it off.

"Way to go!" I lipped to Riker and he threw up his hands in surrender.

After that little conversation, Ross finally made his move and walked alongside Emily. I was shocked that he did it after that little incident but I guess he was running out of time since Panera was only a few blocks away now.

"So, what made you a fan of R5?" He asked her.

"Well, actually Austin and Ally did." She smiled.

"Really?" He asked, very intrigued.

"Yeah, I saw you on the first episode and thought you were really talented. I decided to find out more about and discovered R5!" She exclaimed.

"That's awesome!" Ross smiled brightly. "What made you want to find out more about me?" He asked.

"Well, like I said before, I thought you were really talented. The first thing I noticed though, was how you looked." She looked at the ground, unsure if she should say that.

"Really?! What did you think?" Riker asked, starting to get really interested all of a sudden.

"Well, at first I wasn't all that into him. Then, he started talking and his character was hilarious and I started warming up to him." She smiled at Ross.

"That's actually really cool. Well, I'm glad I was appealing." Ross said proudly.

"Wait, why didn't he appeal to you once you saw him?" I asked her. I knew I shouldn't have put Emily on the spot like that but I was curious.

"Oh, I'm not really sure. Just not my type I guess." She shrugged.

"What? I mean-" Ross said, trying to cover up but Rocky finished for him.

"He means he's just shocked that a girl didn't like him right away." Rocky teased Ross.

"Wow, thanks Rocky." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh no problem bro!" Rocky exclaimed.

"Oh look we're here!" I said excitedly, breaking the awkward in the air.