06

Michael could pick Mars out of the hallway within seconds. She always looked so uncomfortable, holding her camera and playing with her hair. He knew he was staring at her but he couldn't help himself. Michael, yet he hated to admit, liked her. She was different and she was mystery. Michael always loved the game, Clue, and just like all the characters in the board game he was going to find out what broke this shy and scared girl. Then maybe she might like him.

        "Mike, what are you staring at?"  Calum nudged him, looking past Michael's shoulder.

        "Nothing," he turned his thoughts off and focused on his bandmates' idiotic jokes.

        "Stacy is having another party tonight, Mike, am I carpooling with you?" Ashton questioned.

        "I'm gonna skip this one out. My mom is getting suspicious," he shrugged before slamming his locker door shut and heading to class.

        "Well, bye dick," Luke yelled in the hallway, a teacher immediately going to give him a detention slip.

        Michael smirked before entering his math class. There sat the effortlessly glamorous Mars and her camera sat in her lap. He stared at her all during class before retreating to the library to tutor her. She was nervous the minute she sat down. She kept her head down as he opened up his textbook and she kept quiet as he explained some random geometry problem.

        As he stood up at the end of the session, Mars spoke up. Her voice was as velvet and cute as Michael had remembered. She was still cute when he first met her.

        "Um, c-can you teach me that one more time." Her voice was shaky and a bare whisper but Michael smiled and quickly sat back down.

        "Ok, so you start here...."

        Michael knew he could be friends, maybe even more, with her. He was determined to make sure that happened.