64

"What is the reasoning for ordering a restraining order against Derek Filleman?" The police officer asked in the waiting room.

These chairs are uncomfortable, they reek of despair and drugs. Not that Mars did drugs but she knew what they were like from parties. The fabric caused it to squeak every time she shifted from awkwardness or being tired.

"Because he keeps stalking me," She whispered and looked around.

It felt as if he could hear or see her any second of the day. He was her shadow, hiding behind her back but a receding coward to not come face to face. Derek was a nightmare. He was here and she wanted him gone. Why couldn't it be that simple? Why couldn't it be as easy and snapping her fingers?

"Has he ever had any domestic violence occur with you?" Mr. Hamden questioned.

"Yes, he has," Mars looked at him wide-eyed.

How did the police officer know what had been going on?

"Ok, just fill out this form and we can get the restraining order request into request and processing," He handed her a clipboard and pen before leaving her and her mom alone in the quiet room.

The only sound was her clicks of the pen as she squinted her eyes in concentration. Surely, these questions weren't that hard but they had to be answered with clear and honest answers. Mars wanted Derek out of her life forever. She wanted to- she needed to move past this so she can get past hating herself, her depression, her eating habits.

Mars wanted him out of her life to better herself.