26

Mars sat on her bed staring at her closet as if it were just going to throw the best outfit to her. She groaned and stood up before grabbing a long black dress, black kitty flats, and a maroon fedora. It was most likely the best thing she has in her closet, despite the homecoming dress her mom got her last year. She ended up getting stood up and not going though.

Mars looked back and forth between her shaky hands and the clock ticking in front of her.

Michael had left a note in her locker saying to be ready at 7. An early time than Mars thought he would take a girl out on a date but she shrugged it off. Her mom next to her, slighty jumping up and down from the couch to fix her hair.

Michael had been standing outside the door for two minutes, he was fixing his denim jacket and his self-confidence.

"You can do this," he mumbled before quickly whisking a hand through his hair and knocking on the door.

He could hear the clicking of shoes and padded footsteps. The locks turned and Mars looked up to Michael, a pink swirl across her cheeks. He smiled brighter and finally noticed her mom right behind her, silently squealing.

Michael held out his hand for Mars, which she happily took.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

She nodded as her mom sneakily snapped a pic of her daughter's first date, "Have her back by 10:30 please!"