20

Mars and Michael avoided each other for a week, a lifetime in a love-strucken teenager's mind. They were both going crazy. Each of their thoughts were blowing up with the possibility of seeing the other with some random person's tongue down their throat.

That's why they both seemed to end up at the coolest party of the year. Mars and Michael stood at opposite ends of the house, drinks in hand. Mars had already downed a couple of shots just to take her mind off of her own self-conscious problems.

The party was loud and Michael was wasted. His body was grinding against a random girl in a slutty dress but his mind was on Mars, hence for his jeans getting a bulge. Mars was an amazing kisser and he wished that he could have kissed her lovely lips all day long. Even as a drunk, he searched throughout the house till his sight fell on her. She was in a large flannel with a t-shirt dress. Something so modest yet it looked so sexy on her. She was turning out the front door, Michael quickly running after her. He couldn't let her go again. His tattooed arm quickly yanked open the front door and he stepped outside.

Mars was on the curb, clutching her clothes tightly to her cold body.

"You can't leave," Michael finally croaked as he sat next to her.

"Why would I want to stay?" She whispered.

"Um, so we can talk?" Michael questioned, his insides punching each other from nervousness, "I really like you, Mars."

"Yet, you bully me," She hiccuped.

"I know, I know it was wrong. I just couldn't lose my friends though. It took me a long time just to have those three friends." Michael said rubbing his temples, "I knew you would reject me so I had to go with the best option but I promise that I will never bully you again. If you want, I can just leave you alone forever."

"How would you know if I rejected you," Mars turned to him, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Because I'm some loser with tattoos who is a dick," He sighed, throwing his red cup into the nearby trash can.

"You weren't some loser to me when we first met although a dick was certainly in my head.," She frowned before standing up, him quickly doing the same with a smile on his lips.

"Are you going to leave?" Michael whispered.

"Yea, but don't worry. We will meet again," She gave a small smile before standing on her tip-toes and kissing him lightly on the cheek.

"Bye Michael."

"Goodbye Mars."