23

As Michael walked into school that morning, he honestly didn't know what to expect. He was dizzy with questions.

Would his friends still like him? Were she even going to be there? Will they ignore him?

He hated worrying about this but he couldn't help it. His social skills weren't as great as everybody thought. It took him a long time to get those four friends and, of course, he wants to keep them. He just hoped Ashton would soon realize that what he did was stupid. Michael does admit that he did sort of overreact.

He walked to his locker, girls slowly staring at him. He slightly frowned about the attention but assumed it was just in a "crush" sort-of way. He grabbed his books and quickly scribbled the answers to his math homework, too much stuff going on this weekend that distracted him.

"Hey," Ashton mumbled, Calum and Luke next to him.

"So is this you guys breaking up with me or fixing the problems?" Michael stared, quickly getting to the point.

"I'm sorry, man," Ashton sighed, his voice quivering slightly, "I just don't want to lose my best friend. I really love you, can we still be best friends?"

"Please," Calum and Luke pleaded, puppy-eyes appearing.

"We are always best friends, brothers," Michael smiled as they huddled into a group hug.

They walked to class, Luke slinging his arm around Michael's shoulder, "So, tell me about the girl, lover boy."

"Shut up," Michael laughed, blushing.

They all howled with laughter and quickly retreated to the back of the classroom.