42

Mars hasn't eaten in a week and her body was slowly being drained of energy. She was weak, tired, and always sick. Her mom was getting worried.

Mars knew what was coming and let it happen. She would either die or go to a mental facility.

But it will be okay.

Michael saw her around school and was getting anxious. Mars was getting thinner and skinnier by the day. He cried every night wishing she would let him in again an help her but he had to put his facade on in the day.

His stupid fake smiles and laughs were attached with disgusting winks to girls and penis jokes to the boys.

Mars would frown at the sight of him flirting but quickly plastered it over with a smile, he was moving on and being happy.

If Michael is happy, then of course, I am happy.

Even those words couldn't convince her that she was happy about the situation.

It was Tuesday morning and as Mars sat in math she felt something different. Her breathing quickened and her mind started to jumble. She silently gasped for air hoping no one would notice. No tears this time.

Mars stood up from her seat and quietly snuck out into the hallway before sprinting, trying to find a quiet and empty hallway. She needed to get through this panic attack. Michael fast to follow her trail.

Mars' panic attacks were not like normal ones. She would try to not speak but her words would just flow out of her even if she didn't mean to say them. It was dangerous for anybody to be around her, for they might be offended.

Her head was in her hands as she was slumped against the wall and tile floor; Michael gently sitting next to her.

"You know I am really stupid," She started, "I am so broken. I haven't eaten in 5 days Michael, 5 days. Eating is too painful because it makes me think of you."

Michael opened his mouth to say something but she beat him and continued on with her panicked words.

"I love you so much but my thoughts psych myself out and I blew it. I pushed myself down the lonely c-cliff and I can never forgive myself. When I see you with other girls, it makes me happy and sad. I-I want you to move on but... you know. Anyway, I think my mom is going to send me somewhere soon. M-maybe I can go to one of those nice h-hospitals but I know I am crazy. I'm such a fuck-up. I can't even eat. Who can't fucking take a simple bite of food? Me. Who can't be in a normal relationship with a person? Me. At least I have one thing that I am good at: music. I have the best music and you know that t-"

Mars fainted for less than a second before popping her head up and looking around. She sighed as her memory caught up to her.

"I am crazy," she whispered, disappointment evident in her voice.

"Then I guess I am crazy too. I am crazy for being in love with an insane girl," Michael whispered to her as well.