58

Something was different in her house. Her mother's room felt bare and empty. All of the decor was gone as if it just disappeared, which could be a reasonable option. Mars was already suspicious of the activity her mother had been doing. She would be going out every weekend with a newspaper in her hand tainted with red and black circles around text.

Was her mother getting in the wrong type of business? Was she looking for a new job? Was she meeting somebody?

The possibilities were endless and Mars could no doubt imagine a thousand different scenarios.

Michael was acting different, too. He started to become more sad as they hung out. He would start to give Mars his favorite shirts, one of his leather bracelets that he constantly wore upon his arm. Last night, he made a big speech right in the middle of their intimate workings.

"Mars, you know I love you no matter what right?" he said pulling her off his hips.

"Yeah, of course Mikey," Mars panted, kissing his neck. Michael shrugging her off.

"I just want you to know that whatever happens I'm going to keep being here and I'm going to keep loving you forever," He stared at her looking for a reaction, as if she knew what was going to happen in two weeks.

"Michael, what's going on?" Mars asked, "Is something going on?"

Michael shook his head but quickly looked away in fear that she would see his tears. He couldn't let that happen for then he would have to explain why he was crying and her mother made him swear not to say a peep.

"I just really love you, Mars," Michael said slowly, deep breathes in between to calm him.

"I love you too, Michael," Mars smiled before kissing his cheek.

Mars turned on to her side and faced the wall, frowning.

What was going on?